How much is my custom pc worth?

Ben5351

Prominent
Jun 7, 2017
I’m 17 and I built a gaming pc about a year ago, I am wanting to sell it but I don’t know how much it would be worth to sell. If anyone could help out that would be great!
My parts:
MSI GTX1060 6gb
AMD Ryzen 5 1500X
8gb RAM ( Ballistix Sport 8gb DDR4)
1Tb Storage
EVGA 650 Watts G2
B350M Gaming Pro motherboard
Corsair 200r case

Along with the pc I wanted to sell my BenQ GL2450-T 24” monitor, Logitech Z506 surround sound speakers- black, and my cheap Zalman mouse and keyboard. All cables are included with WiFi usb and it is windows 10

Solution
~$550ish for the tower. Not sure about some of the prices because you didn't list ram speed, and others are still fairly new and I haven't seen them on the used market yet. The other things might be harder to sell. New 1080 monitors are ~$100 so I'm thinking $60-$75 for your used. The speakers are good, but not everyone wants speakers and I have no clue what they go for. I got my logitech Z5300s for $80 YEARS ago so I would think a similar price for yours. You said cheap keyboard and mouse so those might not even sell.

4745454b

Titan
~$550ish for the tower. Not sure about some of the prices because you didn't list ram speed, and others are still fairly new and I haven't seen them on the used market yet. The other things might be harder to sell. New 1080 monitors are ~$100 so I'm thinking $60-$75 for your used. The speakers are good, but not everyone wants speakers and I have no clue what they go for. I got my logitech Z5300s for $80 YEARS ago so I would think a similar price for yours. You said cheap keyboard and mouse so those might not even sell.

Solution

Ben5351

Prominent
Jun 7, 2017

Thanks for reply :)) RAM speed is 2400 MT/s. I was planning to try sell everything together on ebay or shpock, was put together start of this year. I bought the speakers for £50 and the monitor for £120 but thatll sell for about 60-70. ill try sell everything together if not ill try sell the tower separately

Ben5351

Prominent
Jun 7, 2017

thanks very much, was hoping someone would want to take the whole set-up together if not ill try not to do the speakers seperatly.

4745454b

Titan
Did you get a super deal on the speakers? Or are they a different set than I'm thinking? If you spent £50 on them, I'm not sure you'd get "$80" for them now. That's the new price. I didn't look those speakers up.

I also see you said £50 and not $50. I was "quoting" used USA prices. Foreign markets can be really weird. I've been in threads with people in some countries, usually SA or African countries, where parts such as those are worth a lot. Many because most people use nothing but extreme low end parts. You should check your local for sale sites for your local used prices. They could be very different from my USA prices.

Not as much as you hope.
Your best bet is to find a local buyer.
You might get the best price on ebay, but shipping costs of a big case will be considerable.

A pc will often fetch more if it is disassembled and the parts sold individually.
That is because it is unlikely that a buyer will want exactly the same pc.
Find your parts in used condition on ebay.
Then filter on completed auctions,
In green you will see what the part actually sold for.

Ben5351

Prominent
Jun 7, 2017

yes! that's correct I'm not sure how much cheaper the prices are in the US but on UK sites but PCs like mine go for around £500-£750, here's a link to my speakers https://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-Surround-Sound-Speakers-System/dp/B003WJR482/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1534516782&sr=8-5&keywords=logitech+speakers

Ben5351

Prominent
Jun 7, 2017

thanks for the advice I will defiantly have a look because I thought you could get more from pre built towers.