[SOLVED] How much is my laptop worth?

May 31, 2020
My Lenovo y520 laptop is 2 years old now and I want to build a pc this year, so I am wondering how much my laptop could sell for. I ran benchmarks on Lenovo's website and passed every one easily. I also made sure the laptop looks spotless and all dust and stains are wiped off of it. The specs are i7-7700HQ @2.8GHz, 8 gb DDR4-2400 RAM, and GTX 1050ti. I would consider the laptop to be seller refurbished and on ebay, it looks like they go for $1,300-$1,500, however, I am fairly certain the laptop is lower than that. Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Solution
You have a pre-owned laptop, not refurbished. Seller refurbished is a terrible term with no meaning.

As far as the specs of the laptop, sadly by todays standards its fairly mid range.

Looking on eBay (US) laptops with similar or identical specs are going for 400-500>

Even a brand new laptop in the 600-700 range will outperform your 2 year old laptop by a large margin with the changes in CPUs and mobile GPUs.
You have a pre-owned laptop, not refurbished. Seller refurbished is a terrible term with no meaning.

As far as the specs of the laptop, sadly by todays standards its fairly mid range.

Looking on eBay (US) laptops with similar or identical specs are going for 400-500>

Even a brand new laptop in the 600-700 range will outperform your 2 year old laptop by a large margin with the changes in CPUs and mobile GPUs.

Solution