[SOLVED] How much is my old PC worth?

Jan 25, 2020
Heya all just upgraded to a new PC and got my old rig sitting here gonna sell it, but want to get a approximate value, I know it's not gonna be much but I don't want to let it go for cheap or get low-balled.

System purchased it in 2012, so 8 years old now, but GPU was purchased in 2016.

Specs.

CPU - Intel i5-2500k @ 3.30GHz /w Stock Cooler. (2nd Gen)
GPU - HiS Radeon RX-480 8gb
MOBO - Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 rev 1.3
RAM - 16gb G.SKILL RipjawsX DDR3 1600MHz (4x4gb)
HDD - SP 120gb SSD
PSU - 850w Thortech Thunderbolt Plus (80+ gold cert) (+ also still got the bag of extra cables)
OPTICAL - LITEON Multi DVD Reader/Burner
CASE - Antec 300 Black.

Still pretty decent, plays most AAA games @ 1080p 60fps+ on medium settings.

Solution
I'd guess about $300-350 if you have a legit copy of Windows in there. The Sandy/Ivy Bridge i5s have been showing their age the last 12-18 months and they can now be found easily under $50 used. The GPU's still fine at 1080p as you say and it's nice to have a Z motherboard and the 16 GB of RAM.

I'd warn you though, it's quite hard to move full builds of this age quickly. There are likely more people interested in the CPU/MB/RAM/GPU individually than as a group.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
I'd guess about $300-350 if you have a legit copy of Windows in there. The Sandy/Ivy Bridge i5s have been showing their age the last 12-18 months and they can now be found easily under $50 used. The GPU's still fine at 1080p as you say and it's nice to have a Z motherboard and the 16 GB of RAM.

I'd warn you though, it's quite hard to move full builds of this age quickly. There are likely more people interested in the CPU/MB/RAM/GPU individually than as a group.

Solution
It may be nice to keep as a spare instead of selling it, or you could give it to a friend or family member who is less fortunate than you. Ultimately, regardless of what dollar value you think it has, it's only worth what someone is willing to pay you for it. This is true with anything you may want to sell.

Selling parts individually always gets you more than a whole system but you have the chance of parts not selling or taking a long time. Personally I don’t think it’s worth more than £200-£250. I agree with Archaic59 it might be worth more to you as a spare or second system.

TRENDING THREADS