[SOLVED] How much is my PC worth?

GodMikesBeats

Commendable
Aug 29, 2016
Hi all! My name is Michael and I am a PC gamer and have built 4 PCs (I'm just a casual builder, I do not know about PCs in-depth

Solution
I'd list it for $1000 if I didn't need to move it quickly and I'd be prepared to come down significantly off that figure. $2000 is an extremely difficult sell when you can build a similarly performing rig new for around $1100-$1200. And unless you're an actual company selling assembled PCs, the moment you took these components out of the box, you lost a third of the resale value right then and there, almost three years ago.

Realistically, if you can't find the perfect seller, I'd expect you to get $800 or so in the end.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
I'd list it for $1000 if I didn't need to move it quickly and I'd be prepared to come down significantly off that figure. $2000 is an extremely difficult sell when you can build a similarly performing rig new for around $1100-$1200. And unless you're an actual company selling assembled PCs, the moment you took these components out of the box, you lost a third of the resale value right then and there, almost three years ago.

Realistically, if you can't find the perfect seller, I'd expect you to get $800 or so in the end.

Solution

GodMikesBeats

Commendable
Aug 29, 2016

hmmmm, I'd say you're right because my third PC build was literally $1,100 and was very close to this one inn performance.

Thanks for that!

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

But again, be willing to come down off that suggested ask as we're talking used parts here. I don't expect you'll actually get $1000, but if you're not in a hurry, it doesn't hurt to ask. It does work in your favor that it's actually a coherent build and you don't necessarily have to break it down into individual parts to move it.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

It definitely makes a difference! $1000 is around 1400 AUD and sadly, you guys and New Zealand end up paying a hefty premium for parts already.

GodMikesBeats

Commendable
Aug 29, 2016

Yeah, it actually sucks how much we have to pay... but cant do much... (price for ram increased so much compared to 3yrs ago)