How much should I sell my gaming PC for?

bangerdx

Reputable
May 7, 2014
This is an overall great PC. I barely used it. I built it for about 270 because I got some of my parts from my uncle. It plays almost any game on the market at around 40fps or higher. I play warframe and I hit around 140fps max, 100fps average.
CPU- FX 4130 Zambezi @3.8Ghz Black Edition
GPU-GTX 650 TI Boost (Zotac)
Case-H.E.C Vigilance
Mainboard-Biostar A960G+
Ram-4GB G.Skill 1600Mhz
PSU-Diablotek DA series 400 watt
Hard disk- 160GB 7200RPM Hitachi
other Hard-disk-80GB IBM 5400RPM
CPU cooler-Arctic cooler 7 Rev. 2
Logisys 80mm silent blue LED
DVD/CD RW combo drive Samsung

The PSU is a bit loud. Will that decrease value? I have Windows 7 Pro 64bit on it. Should I upgrade to 8GB of RAM before I sell it? I've seen 3x LESS powerful PC's go for 800 bucks.

I'm sure the PSU is loud, its also a piece of shit.

You'd be better off parting it out; the CPU, GPU, RAM, and maybe motherboard are the only parts of that system that aren't garbage. Those HDDs are ancient and slow, that PSU would better serve as a doorstop or a firecracker, the cooler isn't great and is out performed by a lot for just slightly more. You can probably find an idiot who would buy that for 350, doesn't mean it won't take a while.

Krishna1337x

Reputable
Feb 20, 2014

I second this.

bangerdx

Reputable
May 7, 2014

Yea, I know. My friend bought it for me about a month ago. It sounds like a lawnmower. Yea, I will take it out of the system. Using it right now. Is there A higher chance for me to sell it at 300 or so?

And yes, I will use it as a firecracker. It is ridiculously light. I wanted a Corsair, but he already did me enough of a favor, so I didn't want to seem rude. By the way, I am selling this build so that I can build a better PC. My plan is to sell my current build and PS4 (Peasant Station 4) so that I can build this guy: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ypVjJx