[SOLVED] How much should this sell for

jakebuff

Honorable
Feb 8, 2014
I have had my pc for a while now and I think it’s time to sell, I think I have all the important components listed but I cannot find a document with them all so I’ve had to do some quick research to try and figure it out, I was just wondering what price would be appropriate to ask for, I will likely sell on something like fb marketplace or eBay and other suggestions welcome.

Intel core i7 4790 quad core 3.5GHz
MSI gtx 770 twin frozr 4gb
Corsair vengeance pro 16gb (2x8)
ASRock fatal1ty h97 performance
Samsung 120gb ssd
Seagate barracuda 2gb hdd
Cooler master Thunder 700w
NZXT phantom 630 gunmetal grey

Last edited:
Solution
well... let's see.

the i7 4790 is on par with a Ryzen 2600(X). That's a 185$ CPU new.
the GTX 770 is on par with a 1650. That's a 150$ GPU new.
RAM is 60-80$ new.
the board was a 90$ mainboard back in the day.
an old 120GB SSD has next to no worth.
a 2TB Barracuda HDD is 55$ new.
Cooler Master Thunder is a rather poor PSU. depending on it's age not worth anything imho and on par with a 40$ unit these days.
the case was a rather expensive one. 150$ iirc.

so this comes down to 800$ new.

given it's used, many parts are out of life and the drives & PSU aren't worth anything anymore I'd say 350$ is a fair price for the parts. given that you've already assembled it and it's working fine, 400$. you might someone paying you more for this...
well... let's see.

the i7 4790 is on par with a Ryzen 2600(X). That's a 185$ CPU new.
the GTX 770 is on par with a 1650. That's a 150$ GPU new.
RAM is 60-80$ new.
the board was a 90$ mainboard back in the day.
an old 120GB SSD has next to no worth.
a 2TB Barracuda HDD is 55$ new.
Cooler Master Thunder is a rather poor PSU. depending on it's age not worth anything imho and on par with a 40$ unit these days.
the case was a rather expensive one. 150$ iirc.

so this comes down to 800$ new.

given it's used, many parts are out of life and the drives & PSU aren't worth anything anymore I'd say 350$ is a fair price for the parts. given that you've already assembled it and it's working fine, 400$. you might someone paying you more for this though. So I'd probably advertise for 550$ and then negotiate a price somewhere in that range.

Reactions: jakebuff
Solution