How Much wattage do I need for a gaming pc?

JForEnvy

Commendable
Aug 13, 2016
Hello, my name is jay, and I was wondering, if I'm going to buy a gaming computer, how much watts do I need for my psu. The following parts are the parts that I will be using for this gaming pc.

Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor

Corsair H60 54.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

MSI H110M Gaming Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard

G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory

Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Deepcool TESSERACT SW ATX Mid Tower Case

And An NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

Someone please tell me if I should get 650 watts, 750 watts, or 1000 warts for this PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W, 750W, 1000W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

Solution
The Rosewill Quark Series is currently untiered in the tier list:
> http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/id-2547993/psu-tier-list.html

Its not made by Super Flower, like their best psus, which would be "only" Tier 2 then. Yours is not well known and from maker Quark series ATNG. I recommend to get something else. Seasonic, Super Flower or other builders using these two names are the best. In example EVGA's SuperNova series is such a series using one of these two names and are Tier 1 (best of the best).
"
Tier One
The highest quality and most stable Power Supply Units available. Protected by industrial grade protection circuitry and can output wattage at a rated maximum temperature of 50°C or below. These units are also Haswell...
For not overclocking on that system, a good 450W PSU is perfect, even with some minor overclocking. If you plan to overclock a good amount, a solid 550W unit is ideal. EVGA NEX is poor. What is your budget for a PSU, and do you plan to overclock and by how much? And what GTX 1080 are you buying, is it the actual Nvidia Founder's Edition one?

Dark Lord of Tech

Retired Moderator

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Power Supply: Corsair RMx 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($89.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $89.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-08-13 20:01 EDT-0400

OR

Power Supply: XFX TS 550W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply ($68.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $68.99
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-08-13 20:02 EDT-0400

OR

Power Supply: Rosewill 550W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($54.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $54.99
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-08-13 20:11 EDT-0400

JForEnvy

Commendable
Aug 13, 2016
Thank you all for answering, it really helped me, I have decided that I should just get 550W or somewhere around 650W psu, my budget for the PSU is about 95 USD the most. If anyone has a rejection against my decision and an explanation I would love to hear it

turbopixel

Reputable
May 18, 2015
The Rosewill Quark Series is currently untiered in the tier list:
> http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/id-2547993/psu-tier-list.html

Its not made by Super Flower, like their best psus, which would be "only" Tier 2 then. Yours is not well known and from maker Quark series ATNG. I recommend to get something else. Seasonic, Super Flower or other builders using these two names are the best. In example EVGA's SuperNova series is such a series using one of these two names and are Tier 1 (best of the best).
"
Tier One
The highest quality and most stable Power Supply Units available. Protected by industrial grade protection circuitry and can output wattage at a rated maximum temperature of 50°C or below. These units are also Haswell certified, meaning they can cope with the C6 and C7 sleep states of 0.05Amps without triggering the under-current protection switch. May even go over labelled wattage and still work until it safely shuts down.
"
EVGA
SuperNova G2 / P2 / T2 Super Flower
Supernova GS Seasonic
Supernova GQ FSP
Supernova PS Seasonic

> https://pcpartpicker.com/products/power-supply/#R=5,4&m=14,71,441&X=188,10176

Here my recommendation:
EVGA G2 650W by Super Flower $99.99
> https://pcpartpicker.com/product/9q4NnQ/evga-power-supply-220g20650y1
Edit:
If not, you can also take the 550W version. Its cheaper and same quality and you won't need more wattage, even if you overclock a little. These high quality units are very stable (tier one).
> https://pcpartpicker.com/product/qYTrxr

Solution

turbopixel

Reputable
May 18, 2015
@turkey3_scratch
This is the review you was speaking of:
> http://www.hardocp.com/article/2016/03/08/rosewill_quark550_550w_power_supply_review/9
From the conclusion:
"
With a price of $99.99 plus Free Shipping, we see this unit as being a mixed bag still. Many of the units we compared this to today are ~$20 cheaper than the Quark-550 is today and some are more expensive but all feel like a better value given their strengths, weaknesses, and pricing. If this unit had seen one less problem or even managed to be a bit better in its voltage regulation then this unit would be a lot more attractive at this price. But at $99.99, it feels overpriced and the value is quickly sapped from this product. That makes the Quark-550 one of those limbo products where it does easily pass, but there just seem to be too many little things piling up to make this unit something that we could say "that is an award winning product." We wish we could though because there were times today when it felt like it. If only those times had lasted a little longer; if only.
"

Its not a bad product, but for its asking price, he could get top tier product from industrial leader makers like Seasonic and Super Flower (or brands using these makers like EVGA).

JForEnvy

Commendable
Aug 13, 2016
Thank you all again. For all if the advice that I have received I have decided to choose turbopixels. Recommendation and get the EVGA G2 for $92.50 by newegg. The 650w one. The only other question I have is, will I have any room to over clock the cpu?

You can overclock it to Mars.

smoellendick7

Prominent
Sep 25, 2017
I can't believe nobody bothered to mention that you can't overclock or SLI video cards with the H110 motherboard! Why waste the potential of the 6700k on an H series motherboard? Just my two cents.