[SOLVED] How normal is the PC fan noise in my case?

WrongRookie

Reputable
Oct 23, 2020
Nothing unusual but I just want to know if it's normal for PC fans to have very very low noise that you can't hear unless you're very close to the fan with everything silent.

My PC fans are Corsair 140mm ML Pro fans.

Solution
It's normal, fans with large diameter are usually quieter than those with smaller diameter (slower speed, better blade design).

Lutfij

Titan
Could you include an audio/video clip of what you're hearing? Sound is perceived differently from one person to the next. Some folks can hear the ticking of the fan's motor and others tend to hear only the swooshing of the fan blades.

Corsair's ML fans are Maglev...they shouldn't be making noise, apart from the fan blades cutting through the air and/or pushing or pulling air against or from a meshed panel. How are the fans oriented in your chassis?

Colif

Win 11 Master
depends on what fans you use.

those sound fine to me

I can hear my case fans from further away but then I haven't replaced the stock fans that came with case yet.
i had intended to get noctuas but they really aren't that bad - it depends on what you used to.
I can't hear my intake fans over the exhausts. I know as I turned them off once and couldn't hear any difference.

WrongRookie

Reputable
Oct 23, 2020
Could you include an audio/video clip of what you're hearing? Sound is perceived differently from one person to the next. Some folks can hear the ticking of the fan's motor and others tend to hear only the swooshing of the fan blades.

Corsair's ML fans are Maglev...they shouldn't be making noise, apart from the fan blades cutting through the air and/or pushing or pulling air against or from a meshed panel. How are the fans oriented in your chassis?

I tried recording the audio but I couldn't hear anything directly from the fan itself. Not sure if I can get the device that can record low level noises I'm afraid...

Fans are in the front of the case that is sealed with a mesh filter.

I guess I have to wait in time if it begins to get loud. Thank you all for your help as always.