how often do i have to restart my computer ?

tonnycassidy25

Honorable
Mar 23, 2015
so how often do i have to restart my pc ? my pc have been running for 1 week without restarting now , and it shows a wierd errors ,on some software it tooks few seconds to respond to a click like when i minimizing windows media player it tooks like 5 seconds to respond and so with other softwares,and sometimes a msgbox show up and say rundll32.dll has stopped working ,and many more,should i be worried ? is this normal for a pc that havent been restarted for a week ? this pc mostly staying at idle ,cpu temp always stay under 60c

Solution
it depends on how well written your programs are. Most programs when run set aside a section of memory to use, and when they end the programs don't return all that memory back to the system (it's called memory leaks). MS Office used to be really bad for this, now it's just sort of bad. The more use start and stop poorly written programs the more you have to reboot. Poorly written drivers can cause increasing instability issues as well. What you're going through is normal. I just reboot as the mood hits me.

Unkk

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2012
it depends on how well written your programs are. Most programs when run set aside a section of memory to use, and when they end the programs don't return all that memory back to the system (it's called memory leaks). MS Office used to be really bad for this, now it's just sort of bad. The more use start and stop poorly written programs the more you have to reboot. Poorly written drivers can cause increasing instability issues as well. What you're going through is normal. I just reboot as the mood hits me.

Solution