[SOLVED] How often should I clean out my PC

May 18, 2020
Cleaning out a PC is a chore, and I really don't want to do it. But maybe I have to. How often should it be done? My case has dust filters so I really dont know

Solution
how about once a month ,..i mean to at least to check it I mean . If too much scunge collects in your power supply , that is no good for it either .
compressed air cans are good ,, but i don't use them too close because compressed air can blow dust further into the components . I hold a vacuum c leaner nozzle near by to suck up the dust that gets blown up into the air , and I keep wiping the nozzle with a damp cloth because electromagnetics build up on the end of the nozzle big time .
Cleaning out a PC is a chore, and I really don't want to do it. But maybe I have to. How often should it be done? My case has dust filters so I really dont know

It depends on many factors, such as how dusty is the environment it's in, how much it's used etc...

The main thing is the temps the machine is running at, if the cpu / gpu are getting enough airflow and are cool then you don't need to clean it.

May 18, 2020
It depends on many factors, such as how dusty is the environment it's in, how much it's used etc...

The main thing is the temps the machine is running at, if the cpu / gpu are getting enough airflow and are cool then you don't need to clean it.
Right. I just dont know how fast the heatsinks on my GPUs fill with dust. I think I'm getting respectable thermals though

Blakenstein

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2011
how about once a month ,..i mean to at least to check it I mean . If too much scunge collects in your power supply , that is no good for it either .
compressed air cans are good ,, but i don't use them too close because compressed air can blow dust further into the components . I hold a vacuum c leaner nozzle near by to suck up the dust that gets blown up into the air , and I keep wiping the nozzle with a damp cloth because electromagnetics build up on the end of the nozzle big time .

Solution
May 18, 2020
How does one go about cleaning the inside of a PSU? Is that not dangerous?