Question How on Earth do I read this "USB" card?

Mugsy

Distinguished
May 12, 2004
I purchased a new medical device for my father, and it included an "Interactive Tutorial" on a digital card.

Now, they included a buttload of printed documentation and the entire tutorial can be found online, so I don't NEED the card.

But curiosity has the best of me and I REALLY want to know how [language] this card connects to a USB port???

Usb-card-front.jpg

Usb-card-back.jpg

The instructions on back only say "Insert into your computer's USB port", but there's no male plug on it. The rectangular cutout on the front does NOT pop out or slide (on back you can see it is sealed inside. No seam.)

On the back, what looks like it might be a connector does not flip out, pull out, or pop out. The oval hole that looks like it could be a USB-C port is just an empty hole.

I've been a computer tech since the 1980s. If *I* can't figure out how to connect this thing to a computer, how do they expect the average novice to (with zero instructions)?

If it's erasable, it could be a sneaky way to carry around data. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Mugsy

Distinguished
May 12, 2004
Like a key, it should flip out, with a gyration motion. You might need an exacto knife to allow for the ends holding the flip-able portion out of the card
Thx for the reply.

What part of the connector is "flipable"? Nothing is loose enough to flip out with a simple "gyration motion". And I have no idea where I would insert an Exacto knife blade to open it (it certainly shouldn't be this difficult.)