Question How Powerful is the 9900k?

Macgyver25

Honorable
Apr 8, 2015
The reason why i ask how powerful it is, Because when i play Call of Duty modern warfare the boot up sequence kinda skips and when i watch cut scenes it stutterers a lot . I also have problems when i have my xbox app up to chat with my friends, the game just acts up weird like it has to many processes going on and the performance of the game it seems like its struggling to keep up.

Thanks for the help!

My Rig.
intel 9900k
Ram 32gb 3200 speed
video card RTX 2080 Ti
1 TB SSD
PSU 850w

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
The 9900 k is the best gaming CPU on the market right now. So if you are experiencing troubles with games it is either because of a software issue with Windows or drivers, or probably because you're playing the newest and latest game to be released by Activision and just like with any new game release it has bugs and isn't well optimized for PC.

Reactions: qataqo
Jan 18, 2019
do u have 2nd monitor? open task manager and take look at if other programms cause problems with heavy cpu, ram or hdd/sdd usage. very nice hardware on paper,

Macgyver25

Honorable
Apr 8, 2015
do u have 2nd monitor? open task manager and take look at if other programms cause problems with heavy cpu, ram or hdd/sdd usage. very nice hardware on paper,

No second monitor at all, I was thinking maybe could be a SSD problem. My SSD is a

Inland Premium 1TB SSD 3D NAND M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe 3.0 x4

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Is 30~40c idle or when there is a load on cpu? Can you please list specs of your cooling system and case. What's your ambient temp in the room?

Might want to check it out thoroughly and post screen shots.

Run a benchmark tool to get your cpu racing and use Coretemp or HWinfo to monitor temps & frequency.

Post Userbench results too please.

Macgyver25

Honorable
Apr 8, 2015
Is 30~40c idle or when there is a load on cpu? Can you please list specs of your cooling system and case. What's your ambient temp in the room?

Might want to check it out thoroughly and post screen shots.

Run a benchmark tool to get your cpu racing and use Coretemp or HWinfo to monitor temps & frequency.

Post Userbench results too please.

its 36c on load for cooling I use a corsair H100i platinum

Macgyver25

Honorable
Apr 8, 2015
Unless you live in near 0 degree environment, 36 is too low for 9900k regardless if use water. Should be seeing around 60c.

I suspect your cpu is throttling to slow speeds to cool down.

If you wish to find out if this is the case then consider doing what I've asked and post screen shots.

Do you think my computer is overly cooled?

So is the stuttering only during the open launch sequence and cutscenes? And not during actual gameplay? If so it's normal. As much as it sucks, it's not a hardware issue. But a known issue with the game. Mine does it also. Stutters on opening sequence, and has massive framedrops in cinematics, but usually just for the first few seconds of the scene. You can actually see fps drops in cinematics if you turn on the fps counter in the options menu. I've seen as low as 2-3 lol.

Macgyver25

Honorable
Apr 8, 2015
So is the stuttering only during the open launch sequence and cutscenes? And not during actual gameplay? If so it's normal. As much as it sucks, it's not a hardware issue. But a known issue with the game. Mine does it also. Stutters on opening sequence, and has massive framedrops in cinematics, but usually just for the first few seconds of the scene. You can actually see fps drops in cinematics if you turn on the fps counter in the options menu. I've seen as low as 2-3 lol.
Yup this is exactly what is going on! So it’s normal then. I also see my cpu load at 45% and my gpu load at 20% is that normal and I am getting like 120fps at 2k and lows are 90fps

Are we perhaps in economy mode, or, maybe have not installed all chipset drivers? (No chipset drivers installed are notorious for allowing CPU to be effectively stuck at only 800 MHz, for which you'd see about... 40C temps.)

CHeck your clock speeds with HWMonitor...

Yup this is exactly what is going on! So it’s normal then. I also see my cpu load at 45% and my gpu load at 20% is that normal and I am getting like 120fps at 2k and lows are 90fps
Seems normal for now. Is that load value during gameplay? I haven't actually paid attention to mine, but am getting relatively similar fps, 100ish high, 75ish low. But just tanking in cinematics. Watch a few reviews on the game, its mentioned often.

But if those are loads during gameplay, you may have an issue. Definitely check out all your drivers as mdd mentioned.

As others have said, you need to make sure your CPU isn't downclocking. Load up HWiNFO64 (sensors only) and then launch and play the game for a bit. Then go back to HWiNFO64 and check out the max and min CPU frequencies and also the 'Performance Limit Reasons'.