How Secure Microcontrollers Protect ORWL 'Tamper-Proof' PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydrotricithline

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2007
- True random number generator

Riiight. :) They've been working on true random number generators for years, it has to be based off of something.. time .. temp.. location.. noise.. static .. something. And considering how it's only mentioned as a side note. Makes me a little curious.

Also I do get that logically most civilian and 'most' commercial users won't beable to decrypt the SSD with the key 'deleted' but anyone using a system like this (so cost inhibitive and security sensitive, Read as .. PitA to use for most of the market) They should beable to read residual data from SSD (possibly recovering the key); if they cut power to the unit, even with battery backup it could only rewrite the same sector so many times. Or alternatively just plain brute for the drive with end processing power. Granted that would take awhile. but presumably the data is sensitive.

Security is a process, not a product. This might be an ok tool for the 'secure minded' but I'm more than slightly skeptical on anyone trying to put a price tag on any 'security solution'. I would be very welcomed to see this released to the open source community and see what custom modifications could be added to the firmware however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS