Question How serious is this problem? Cannot lower VCORE

Jul 11, 2022
Last night i started looking into overclocking my PC, i recently got a newer one and thought this would be a great chance to experiment. After watching a few guide videos and instruction manuals on a few different forums i was stumped. I can't work out if i have a problem with a sensor or if my computer is under serious strain.

After changing my multiplier to 50 and setting my intended Vcore values in the BIOS, i reboot and open Prime95. Just before starting the test i open HWInfo. Then i open CPU-Z. Then boot back into BIOS to make sure. My Vcore is sitting at 1.64 V. It's the same on all hardware monitoring apps i've installed and no matter what i change in the BIOS according to mobo specific guides it won't reduce. Now i'm scared to even use the PC at stock. Can anyone help me with this? Put this up on some other HW forums and kinda hit a dead end. I get the impression people don't believe me lol

Specs:

Mobo: Gigabyte Z370 HD3
CPU: Intel I7-8700K
RAM: 24GB DDR4 3000Mhz
GPU: MSI 2X Ventus OC RTX3060
PSU: Kolink 600W

ps: tried uploading screenshots and get the error "something went wrong". any help with this is appreciated.