[SOLVED] How should i connect Corsair iCUE H115i RGB PRO XT the best way?

mac187

Commendable
Nov 4, 2020
Hi,

I bought this CPU cooler -> Corsair iCUE H115i RGB PRO XT

I have tried to search and ask people for recommended way to how to connect it.
The store where i buy this cooler told me to connect the pump wire into CPU_FAN on the motherboard, and the fan wires direct to the two wires on the cooler.

Other tells me that I should connect the pump wire to AIO_PUMP and the two fan to CPU_FAN and CPU_OPT.

Can someone tell me what the best way and why?

I am new to this so please give me good explaination and also why :)

Thank you!

Solution
Hi
Best practice is follow the instructions.

If you connect it that per the instructions you can read / control the fans through the Icue software. (you have full control in Icue)

If you hook the fans to the cpu_fan / opt then you will have to use your mobo software/app or set them in bios.

If you connect per the instructions
And you boot the pc and get a Cpu fan error don't freak out.
Go into bios and set the cpu_fan header to ignore and then it will boot.
But be sure to check your readings often in Icue as the normal function of that header has been told to ignore cpu_fan failure.
Hi

If you connect it that per the instructions you can read / control the fans through the Icue software. (you have full control in Icue)

If you hook the fans to the cpu_fan / opt then you will have to use your mobo software/app or set them in bios.

But be sure to check your readings often in Icue as the normal function of that header has been told to ignore cpu_fan failure.

Solution

mac187

Commendable
Nov 4, 2020
Hi

Ok, but what is recommended? The instruction way? If i do the instruction way, can I control the fan connected to the cooler trough iCue software? or it will automatically adjust the fan speed by it self trough icue software?

Thank you

Yes
Per instructions Icue / or you will be able to control it.
Using Icue you can set the fans Quite, Balanced/ performance , or Extreme or set a custom curve, or fixed percent or fixed rpm

I run my pump on Extreme which is full speed with no extra niose difference I can hear.
I have a h150i Elite Capellix on my 3600x and have custom curve set.

mac187

Commendable
Nov 4, 2020
Thank You for allowing me to Help and if you feel you need more please don't hesitate to ask and 1 of the Pro's or Myself will do our best.!!!!

Thank you so much. I am new to build PC. So trying to figure out how to make the best setup for cooling. Also which software to use to control fans. But comfortable with BIOS. I have 2 at top, 1 in back and 2 for cooler. Want to control fan to run more RPM when CPU is hot.

All good!!!!

When you have the Icue running
Click on the picture on your cooler in the dashboard.
Then click on the headings on the Left Cooling.
From there you can make those changes anytime you need.

Try setting the pump on Extreme by clicking on the right side of the pump tab.
You will also see the fans tabs and what profile / rpm they are running.
You can choose the different modes/rpm to suit your needs.
Or in the lower section you can adjust manually to suit you needs.
All of this can be done on the Fly anytime.

From my experience with the different corsair coolers,
Just know this the fans will react to the temp of the Water in the unit thus cooling the cpu.

Will be here if needed !!!!!!
Pm me if needed.