Question How should I mount my H115i in my Corsair Obsidian Series 750D?

jipptomilly

Prominent
Nov 18, 2020
Hello! I've recently gone all out on a new PC with an RTX 3090 and Ryzen 5800x. Per suggestions made on this forum, I'm using a Corsair H115i to keep the processor cool.

It's my understanding that you typically use fans on the front as intake and fans on the top/back as exhaust. But the manual for the H115i says to use it as intake for the best performance (which makes sense because it'll cool the radiator with cooler air). I have a feeling that the GPU will be much more of a bottleneck however.

The 750D tower comes with two intake fans on the front and one exhaust fan in the back. And the radiator will account for two fans at the top. Would it be beneficial to mount a third fan on the top in the front part of the case and have it be intake (I won't have any CD drives in the bay area so it seems like it'd be a good place to blast in cooler air)?

Also, what side of the radiator should the fans go on? It seems to me like most people have the fans blowing air into the radiator as opposed to pulling it out. So if I do go with exhaust, I guess the fans should be on the bottom?

Thanks for the help!