How the CoolerMaster CM HAF 932?

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Just checked shipment status at newegg and UPS. Both sites show the motherboard has left Louisville enroute to Phoenix. Newegg changed the estimated delivery date back to January 2nd. UPS is still showing a delivery date of January 5th. I wonder what newegg knows that UPS doesn't.

Received the new motherboard. It's a real beauty. Very clean looking board. The heatsink retention bracket is actually screwed down with what appear to be chrome 40-4 screws and nuts! The manual is much better than usual. There's even a good explanation of RAID in plain English!

Looks like everything is okay. One of the adavnced BIOS settings was off. Ran Prime 95 for several hours last night. Everything is nice and stable. I monitored temps during the torture tests. Looks good even at 100% load.

Silverion77

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2007
Is this now a blog?!?!?

Like uve had 639 posts...but they are all here. :ouch:

Not trying to be rude....its just its annoying to see this dead thread bumping everyday...(Johnny u literally posted everyday straight basically)
They made "private messaging" for something

tester24

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Hey could one of you guys do me a favor and measure the distance between the harddrive cage and the expansion slot openings. I need to know if I will be able to fit a Geforce 280 GTX card in it, my current case (thermaltake Armor jr) I had to cut some of the cage to get it to fit.

tester24

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Thanks JohnnyLucky, I bought it Saturday from FrozenCPU (I just went there saved shipping). Have to say it is a well put together case minus not having some sort of dust protectant but i can fab something up.

As for the harddrive rails I have to say not as good as I would have hoped, I just wish they stuck with screws instead. The 23CM fans work great, however they didn't seem to flow as much as I'de hope but that could be im not used to having 800RPM fans which are pretty quiet. I bought another fan for the 120MM that goes next to the power supply and blows cold air in my video card.

Now I do notice my power supply cranks up it's fan (I have a Ultra X connect 2) but I have it faced downward, so I might just rotate it 180 so it sucks air from inside the case.

Now as far as cooling goes. I have to say it does a great job. I was going from a smaller case so naturally I will get a few degrees cooler even without the large fans. My internal temp went way down at least 15 degrees, and I noticed my video card doesn't crank up as high as it usually did with my other case but this is also do because I have that 120mm fan on the bottom blowing up at it. I still need to get Nvidia's monitoring app so I can get temperature comparisons. As for my CPU it was a little colder but stayed pretty much the same but I can't nock it because it is the OEM fan.

Still debating on which aftermarket cooler I want to get but I need it to be compatable with an AM3 board for when they come out.

As for cable managment this case is phenomenal, I still need to go back and make it better but I'm still trying to find a company that makes sata cables at a 45 degree angle so I can route them better. I hate the 90 degree ones, they are a pain in the ass to get off the harddrive/motherboard.

The case can accomodate just about any cpu heatsink made. I have a large tower style heatsink with plenty of room left over for the large 230mm fan on the side panel. The only problem so far has been access to the memory slot closest to the cpu. It's almost completely under the heatsink fan. I can't install any of the newer memory sticks with the tall memory coolers into that slot. That's not a case problem though.

I wasn't too crazy about the hard drive rails either. I completely removed the lower internal hard drive cage simply because I didn't need it. I also removed all the drive clips from the upper external drive cage. Screwed everything into place as I don't normally swap drives and devices. I installed a CoolerMaster 4-in-3 drive bay adapter into the lower three external drive bays. The 4-in-3 adapter contains two internal hard drives and a 120mm fan in front. That left me with three external drive bays and I only used two of those - one for an optical drive and one for a card reader.

I can't remember where I saw it but a few months ago someone was advertising a sata data cable with a rotating connector.