How to access 2nd router (ASUS RT-AC68U) settings page while on main router (Fios G1100) WiFi network?

Oct 25, 2018
Hello!

I'm wondering if this is possible, please let me know.
Summary:
I want to be able to access my second router settings page (ASUS RT AC68U) while I'm on my Fios WiFi network.

My setup is currently:
Summary: ASUS router is behind the Fios Router

1.Verizon Fios Quantum Gateway G1100
(connection shared via Ethernet cord Fios LAN to ASUS WAN)
2. ASUS RT-AC68U running asuswrt-merlin 384.7.2

Issue:

I noticed that while on my ASUS WiFi/Router, I CAN ACCESS the Fios Router settings page and the ASUS Router settings page both with no issue.

But when I'm on the Fios WiFi/Router, I can only access the Fios Router settings page. I CAN'T ACCESS the ASUS Router settings page.

My Fios Router LAN = 192.168.1.1 / default gateway is 192.168.1.1

My ASUS Router LAN = 192.168.2.1 (How do I change this to 192.168.1.2 instead?) / default gateway is 192.168.1.1

I tried changing my ASUS Router LAN to = 192.168.1.2 but for some reason I'm unable too via ASUSwrt-Merlin firmware. I've disabled the DHCP on the ASUS router but no luck. I've also tried connecting Fios LAN to ASUS LAN but no luck either.

What am I doing wrong here? Is it even possible to do what I'm asking? Do I need to set a firewall rule some where?
Do I need to change my ASUS Router LAN to 192.168.1.2 to make this happen? If so, please let me know what needs to be done!

Thank you in advance!

kanewolf

Titan
You have to configure the Asus as an access point. There is an option in the Asus firmware to change it to a an access point. You want to set a static IP address on the LAN settings of the Asus BEFORE you switch to access point mode. You also want to change the DHCP settings on the FIOS router so that the static IP you use on the Asus doesn't conflict with any DHCP addresses.

Oct 25, 2018

With this, will I still be able to access my external hard drive connected to my Asus Router and utilize the OpenVPN Server that I set up on my ASUS?