How to add drive space? Drive C is full, HELP////

Tom19

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2010
Hi, my drive C is completely full. I just bought and plugged in the Seagate HDD. I got a drive space called '' J '' but I can't save any download there or open a file because it still said that the drive is full. What is going on? How I am supposed to acquire more drive space on my desktop Acer T180 Vista?
I am getting all registry problem as expected with a completly full drive C.

Thanks

Connect an external (USB) hard disk to your computer. Transfer some of the data from the C:\ drive to the external hard disk, then delete those files from the C drive. This will free up some space on the C drive.

Shut down, and turn OFF the power to the computer. Wear an anti-static grounding strap. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16899339002&cm_re=grounding_wrist_strap-_-99-339-002-_-Product

Now connect the new hard disk to one of the computer's internal SATA ports, and note down the SATA port number marked on the motherboard. Next re-start, tap the appropriate key and get into the BIOS. Go through the menus and enable the SATA connector that you connected the hard drive to.

Re-start and the new drive should be visible in Control Panel ---> Administrative Tools ---> Computer Management ---> Storage ---> Disk Management. Right click on the disk that you just installed and enabled, and do a format (NTFS)

Now your newly installed drive is ready for use.

TRENDING THREADS