Question How to Add Fonts to GIMP 2.10

SwissxPiplup

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2015
Hi there folks,

I used to add fonts to GIMP manually a few versions ago but I haven't needed to since it pulls from Window's font folder; now I read up that GIMP 2.10 does as well (of course it would, not doing so would be a strange downgrade), but for some reason GIMP isn't getting the fonts from Windows.

I know this because I tried to add a font using the "install" button that's offered when you open the file, which moves it into the windows folder, but it still wouldn't show up in GIMP.

I believe this may be because GIMP is installed on a different drive to the operating system (I'd like to keep it this way).

So I was hoping I could be reminded of how to manually install fonts to GIMP.
(Or if this can be fixed another way)

Thank you.

SwissxPiplup

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2015
I worry about uninstalling GIMP 2 because it's kind of iffy when it comes to installing in different locations, on the other hand I figured it out.

Turns out GIMP did install something on the C drive found in Roaming, there are many folders here for different things but all of them are empty, one of them is named "fonts", I placed the font file in there and now it shows up.

For any other's looking for help:
  1. Go to Roaming found in the C drive;
  2. Open the "GIMP" folder;
  3. Open the folder titled with the version of GIMP you're using;
  4. Locate and open the "fonts" folder;
  5. And finally install your fonts there by dragging them in (Or extracting them there).