[SOLVED] How to add unbranded cameras in dahua NVR?

Giorgi379

Reputable
May 12, 2020
hello, i tried many different ways i cant add unbranded cameras to dahua NVR NVR2108HS-8P-T
NVR password: admin123
CAM 1-2 Passwords: admin123

CAM 1-2 type: IPC-IPVM3150F

NVR network config:
IP: 192.168.1.50
Subnet: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192.168.1.1 (router)

for testing i make different gateways for cameras
CAM 1 Gateway: 192.168.1.50
CAM 2 Gateway: 192.168.1.1

i took all this stuff in home and 2 days trying to finish that job :(

i make little network in my home and put ethernet cable from router in NVR network port and My PC can ping only NVR when i put ethernet cable from router to NVR camera port my PC can ping both cameras but not NVR anymore
please help me make cameras and this nvr working i really tired and try all ways what i know :( im a n00b

Capt1234123ure.png

Captur1e.png

image-2022-12-31-142722290.png

321039928-505813698199248-6334568222305662864-n.jpg

321115452-8921983557819362-3887205674293805532-n.jpg

321883491-1457484894745687-3161620259914657655-n.jpg

321946656-852288899359406-5809457431461235545-n.jpg

321958591-498749435577058-5718237204878590025-n.jpg

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
This is going to be a bit difficult. No critism intended. You have what you have.

First all of that wiring is a problem - some of wiring may not even be real Ethernet cable. Looks and is spliced, kinked, damaged, and otherwise likely unusable.

What is written on the cables insulation/jacket? Please post or add images.

Where are splices etc. being used? Any wall jacks or patch panels? Other devices?

The connections may be wrong, not working/workable, or even worse sometimes - intermittent. The wiring must be corrected.

Where did you get the cameras? Any documentation at all? Any online links even? Unbranded products are often substandard and may only work in some basic, proprietary setup that is not as end user configurable as you might expect and hope. Maybe even needing to go through or be managed via the manufacturer's website.....

And you are able to factory reset each camera - correct?

= = = =

Did you take one of the cameras apart? It appears so per the round shaped circuit board image.

Do the cameras have any labling showing a MAC address? You will need to have the MAC address that uniquely identifies each camera.

What to do do.

1) With one camera only try a direct Ethernet connection with a known working (at speed) Ethernet CAT 5e cable connection straight to one of the router's LAN ports. Do not use the NVR. If possible allow the router to assign a DHCP IP address to the camera.

However, it appears [Photo with CAMERA in the upper left corner] that you have assigned or are trying to assign static IP addresses (192.168.1.10 and 192.168.1.11) to Cameras 1 and 2 respectively. You may be able to leave those assignments in place but you will need to ensure that each cameras is using 192.168.1.1 as the Gateway. And those addresses must be outside of the router's allowed DHCP IP address range.

Plus 192.168.1.10 and 192.168.1.11 should be reserved in the router/gateway for each camera via the camera's MAC.

2) You should then be able to use the applicable camera drivers and software app on "My PC" to access, configure, and use/view the camera.
(That is how I use my security camera - no NVR.)

Your immediate objective is to simply prove that the camera (both cameras actually) do indeed work. Camera 1, then Camera 2, then both together via a direct Router connection. Again without using NVR for the time being.

If just one camera can be configured and made useable/viewable then that will provide a starting point to go forward.

Small, simple, steady steps. Keep notes. The diagram is a good place for doing so. Lable everything and make note of all the cable paths being used. Camera to router to "My PC.

Also: there may be other ideas and suggestions offered. Especially if I have made some error of omission or commission that needs to be corrected.

Reactions: Giorgi379

Giorgi379

Reputable
May 12, 2020
@Ralston18
Thanks for reply
wires is ok i tested cameras and work from directly camera IP
that pic is from work and i bring that cameras NVR and power supply in home and use new ethernet cables and cameras got power from dedicated power cable.

its not my cameras i dont know where they getit and i dont have any docs and cameras dont have any sign of brand, they just call me fix that for money NVR is NEW and cameras are from other pleace location

i can reset cameras, and i do ut already.
i make Static IPs for cameras

maybe cameras not compatible with this NVR ?

Ralston18

Titan
No way to know from here if the cameras are compatible or not. Hopefully so, but if they and/or the NVR are proprietary they may not work together.

From your diagram the NVR is labeled Dahua.

I found the following link:

https://www.dahuasecurity.com/asset...-and-7-series)-users-manual-v4_3_2-201805.pdf

You will need to verify that the preceding User Manual link is applicable to the NVR device that you have.

Then you will need to read though the User Manual and determine the applicable series.

First learn how the NVR needs to be configured and connected to the network router. Get the NVR up and running to where it can seen via the router and also pinged from network computers. Just as a starting point.

Next find the corresponding configuration instructions regarding cameras. For example (randomly selected) physically numbered Page 162 (Section 4.2) provides information about IP addressing.

Again focus on getting just one camera to work. Pay attention that you do not duplicate IP addresses or attempt to use IP addresses that are outside of the allowed range.

Also keep very careful track of assigned admin names, passwords, IP addresses etc.. There may be multiple requirements: camera, NVR, Router, software....

Stick with the basics: for the time being just use default configurations and corresponding settings. Make it all work then you can add or otherwise make advanced configuration changes.

Lastly: even if you get it all to work at home it may not work once taken back on-site. The on-site wiring there being questionable at best.

Take photographs etc. at home to prove that it all works. Document everything so you can prove that any problems at work are due to the work environment.

Ralston18

Titan
Also that LRS-150-12 device is an AC to DC converter.

I would not expect that converter to have any purpose or function with respect to the cameras and NVR.

Be very careful if that converter is somehow going to be connected into the surveilence system and/or host network.

Ralston18

Titan
Happy New Year to you as well.

Unless there is specific documentation showing that using the LRS-150-12 to power the cameras is supported I will say that doing so/trying to do so is wrong.

And you are dealing with two environments: 1) at home trying to get it all to work, and then 2) at work (eventually) trying to get it all to work again in what appears to be a very uncertain and likely risky environment.

You could create network loops, audio loops, or simply create an electrical short that fries everything connected to it. Either at home or at work.

PoE (Power over Ethernet) - correct?

There should be no neeed at all for the LR-150-12. If there is, please explain or otherwise provide some applicable documentation - preferably diagrams, pinouts, etc..

And, without you knowing the source of those cameras or having any relevant documenatation getting the cameras to work may not even be possible. The cameras may have been damaged in some manner by the previous users and simply dumped on your customer then you.

You must troubleshoot further to carefully determine if the failure to work together is the camera(s), the NVR, the network, or the network topology.

If I have followed correctly the cameras work but not with the NVR. Any way to test with a known working NVR from some other source?

Giorgi379

Reputable
May 12, 2020
@Ralston18
thanks you so much i wish you all best lot of peace and love in your life with your family
i fix that nvr have switch on ports with default ip 10.1.1.1 and i make nvr and cams with static ip in this network and now its work