Question How to adjust Skyrim to ultrawide monitor?

May 6, 2019
I'm looking for mod or some other method to adjust Skyrim to take advantage of ultrawide monitor. Anyone succeed in doing this?

May 6, 2019
It's been awhile since I've played Skyrim but there should be a 21:9 fix at Nexusmods. The fix could be adjusting the ini files or a mod via the mod manager. I'm not on my home system so I can't check but look at that site and see if there is a fix.

Edit, found this.

I tried that mod and it didn't work, but it could be I did something wrong. Was this what you used?

WildCard999

Titan
I tried that mod and it didn't work, but it could be I did something wrong. Was this what you used?
It's been a couple of years since I last played Skyrim but that one doesn't look like the one I used. Did you follow the directions exactly?

The problem with some of the mods is that they can affect each other so if this mod isn't working and you followed the directions perfectly then you may need to disable other ones to get it to work. It takes a bit of tinkering to get it to run smoothly.

May 6, 2019
I just received a new monitor and PC last week, so mod conflicts aren't the problem. I guess I'll just have to play around with it some more. I'm surprised Bethesda hasn't resolved this issue. It wouldn't require a major update.

WildCard999

Titan
I just received a new monitor and PC last week, so mod conflicts aren't the problem. I guess I'll just have to play around with it some more. I'm surprised Bethesda hasn't resolved this issue. It wouldn't require a major update.
Yea Bethesda isn't really into 21:9 gaming apparently as I've had to make changes to there other games as well.

Isn't there mods via Steam Workshop for Skyrim? Try searching 21:9 and see if anything comes up.

Also I know some mods won't work on the Special Edition so you may need to run it in vanilla.

make sure you are using Special Edition, not the old original release.

you can edit SkyrimPrefs.ini to use a 21:9 aspect ratio. then you may need a UI MOD to make it fit the screen perfectly though.

i've seen a few posts online with users showing their game launcher [SkyrimSELauncher > options > Aspect Ratio = 21:9 Widescreen] as a default option supposedly without MODs.
maybe reinstall the game and it will recognize the new hardware and alter the available options.