[SOLVED] how to avoid move mouse cursor to lid closed or off monitor

eugzl

Reputable
Sep 25, 2019
Hi All.
My laptop has 2 extra monitors connected. Very often I used it with lid closed. I would like to avoid move mouse cursor to laptop if lid is closed and if external monitor is off. If that is possible. How to do that?

Thanks.

Solution
Need to make sure you understood me:
  • right click on your desktop and select "Display Settings"
  • The default window that opens should show any/all displays that are currently available
  • You can click "Identify" to correlate which number on the diagram corresponds to which monitor
  • Click/select the diagram monitor that corresponds to your laptop screen (this should give it a colored infill compared to the other(s))
  • Scroll down to "multiple displays" and in the drop-down box, select "disconnect this display"
  • Your laptop screen will no longer be used (if you open the lid, the screen will be blank). Your mouse will not travel to it either.
The above setting will apply only for the setup that is currently active. ie...

eugzl

Reputable
Sep 25, 2019
Tell Windows' Display Settings not to use the laptop screen?
Hi tennis2. Thanks for reply.
My problem is. When laptop lid is closed or second external monitor is off the mouse cursor move to there and bother me looking where is mouse cursor gone. If it is possible. How to avoid move mouse cursor to laptop where lid closed or other external monitor when it is off?

Thanks.

• The default window that opens should show any/all displays that are currently available
  • You can click "Identify" to correlate which number on the diagram corresponds to which monitor
  • Click/select the diagram monitor that corresponds to your laptop screen (this should give it a colored infill compared to the other(s))
  • Scroll down to "multiple displays" and in the drop-down box, select "disconnect this display"
  • Your laptop screen will no longer be used (if you open the lid, the screen will be blank). Your mouse will not travel to it either.
The above setting will apply only for the setup that is currently active. ie, if you disconnect your external monitor(s), the laptop screen will re-activate.

Solution

eugzl

Reputable
Sep 25, 2019
The above setting will apply only for the setup that is currently active. ie, if you disconnect your external monitor(s), the laptop screen will re-activate.
It is exactly that I expected. Thanks a lot.