Question How to avoid Windows 11 update on new laptop with Windows 10 Pro installed ?

Nov 12, 2023
Hi,

I rencently bought a new laptop that has Windows 10 Pro currently installed on it. I have not powered the machine on but before I do that,I need to confirm a couple of things. I do not want Windows 11 installed on this.

1. When I turn this laptop on,Will it automatically download to Windows 11?.

2. One of the reviews that I was looking at for this laptop said that when they put it on,It automatically downloaded Windows 11 with no warning.

Is there anyway to avoid the Windows 11 update before I boot to the desktop?. I would like to stick with Windows 10 Pro. Are there any videos on youtube that can show me on how to do this. I looked and could not find anything. Thank you

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

1| Chances are that it won't do it at first boot. Maybe after a while...but it will ask you about the upgrade to 11.
2} Mind sharing a link to where you got that info?

You could just manually install Windows11. Since it's release, it's looking more and more like the OS you should switch to. FYI, even if you did upgrade to Windows 11 automatically using internal upgrade path, you're advised to manually reinstall Windows 11 after fabricating the bootable USB installer using Windows Media Creation Tools.

Once you install the OS in offline mode, you should manually install all relevant drivers for your laptop in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.