How to bind 2 keys to 1 key in a Keyboard

Aakash294

Honorable
May 8, 2015
Hi everyone,
I couldn't find a better place to ask this because tomshardware always gets the questions answered so here it is.
I play Player Unknown's Battlegrounds and in the game we can jump through windows if we can possibly press jump and crouch both together. This can be done manually but sometimes I'm unable to press both together. So I thus binded two keys, H and J for jump and crouch simultaneously. What I want to do is now, bind both these keys to be pressed IF I press a single key. Like, if I bind them to Y for example, I wan't the Y key to work as if it presses both H and J together. Is it possible to do this?

Solution
In agreement with SoggyTissue.

Windows 10? You may be able to do something via the Game Bar but that mostly just lets you change the keys that do a specific function.

You wish to do a specific function via a key selection of your own. I.e., have the "Y" key represent the simultaneous press of "H" + "J".

Take a look at the Ease of Access features in Windows 10 - may be able to set something up therein. Sticky Key perhaps.

Or a third party app as suggested. Here is a link to one such app:

https://autohotkey.com/docs/HotkeyFeatures.htm

SoggyTissue

Estimable
Jun 27, 2017
using a gaming keyboard that allows programmable macros
using a mouse that allows programmable buttons

or there may exist 3rd party programs that allow you to do this, but maybe scanned as a 'cheat/exploit' by anti cheat programs.

Ralston18

Titan
In agreement with SoggyTissue.

Windows 10? You may be able to do something via the Game Bar but that mostly just lets you change the keys that do a specific function.

You wish to do a specific function via a key selection of your own. I.e., have the "Y" key represent the simultaneous press of "H" + "J".

Take a look at the Ease of Access features in Windows 10 - may be able to set something up therein. Sticky Key perhaps.

Or a third party app as suggested. Here is a link to one such app:

https://autohotkey.com/docs/HotkeyFeatures.htm

Solution