How to boot a ISO directly from the ISO on Kali linux without a USB in Temporary linux

DragonTamerCos

Reputable
Aug 29, 2015
SO IM IN SOME DEEP <mod edit> Yeah....I was planning on installing Kali linux next week but, well..

i found my usb a (stupidly) Format the USB to UFI and got it locked into read only...So then i went and grabbed UnenBootin and loaded the iso, then a virus hit....My windows OS no longer works and Unenbootin is broken and can only load up the temporary linux, so.......

i re-downloaded the ISO and I managed to fix my USB but the temporary linux i cant extract the data from the ISO to the usb, even if its inside the USB because the USB does not support shortcuts. (i have no idea why) so i just booted the pure Iso on FAT32, it did not work. I reformatted the USB to UFI and it did not work still! it turns out i need the Data inside the ISO on the root of the USB while on Fat32 (or UFI i dont remember) so at this point i tried one last thing. I found an article saying if i put the ISO on the root of C:\ it would be able to launch it in the "Select on Operating System part" it did not work. IM OUT OF OPTIONS HERE, HELP!

EDIT forgot to mention i opened the ISO and launched the installer and it needs the rom from the USB to install, so that failed too

Also my USB is completely dead now so...

<Watch your language in these forums>

DragonTamerCos

Reputable
Aug 29, 2015

I booting from an HDD.

You have to edit the Linux Grub or Windows Bootloader adding the ISO to select it from the OS boot menu.

How to Boot Linux ISO Images Directly From Your Hard Drive
http://www.howtogeek.com/196933/how-to-boot-linux-iso-images-directly-from-your-hard-drive/

Boot an ISO directly from the Windows Boot Manager
https://www.raymond.cc/blog/boot-an-iso-directly-from-the-windows-boot-manager/

An easier option would be to install the OS on a HDD partition with a USB Installer maker... some can see all partitions and drives and can install an ISO to any of them. Universal USB Installer Maker is one which I've used.
http://www.pendrivelinux.com/universal-usb-installer-easy-as-1-2-3/

DragonTamerCos

Reputable
Aug 29, 2015

I cant enter Sb2 :*(

DragonTamerCos

Reputable
Aug 29, 2015

Sorry missclicked.

MY USB DOES NOT WORK! I CANT DO THAT ANYMORE! im booting TEMP LINUX FROM UNETBOOTIN! because problems wil kail

Confused on what you are trying to achieve. Once you are booted from a device there isn't really a way to overwrite the data on the device you are booting from.

if you are booting a linux distrobution from HDD the gnu utility dd can directly write an iso to usb. USB does not need to be formatted. just need to download a new iso then:

sudo dd if=/path/to/isofilename.iso of=/dev/sdX

where sdX is the location of your flash drive when plugged in, which you can obtain with command "sudo parted -l"

DragonTamerCos

Reputable
Aug 29, 2015

Reed everything i said! It explains what i can and cant do

MY USB DOES NOT WORK! I CANT DO THAT ANYMORE! im booting TEMP LINUX FROM UNETBOOTIN! because problems wil kail

I dont think anyone can properly desicpher exactly what you have running, as evidence you do not have an answer yet. Please explain in as much detail as possible what you have running and what you want to get running.