Question How to boot both and toggle between

Feb 7, 2022
I have my main drive ssd running sparky linux and a second hdd drive i put OPNsense on. I want both to boot at start up but be in drive one with ability to toggle between at least until i get OPNsense set up to run at boot with no worries....any help with this is much appreciated so Thanks in advance. Im a newb at linux and building PC's so kiddy terms please...as well as instuctions...lol. Oh my system is HP drive one ssd drive two hdd 16 mem 1.5 tb combined space

MrLitschel

Commendable
Nov 7, 2021
You can only boot to one Operating System at a time. That is why you would need a VM. It can auto start on boot once the OS has started. Then you can toggle between your Main OS and the OS on the VM

You can 'effectively' perhaps 'seem to do' what you wish (although not exactly as you requested) by running Win10 with HyperV role (technically a misnomer, as it's actually Hyper-V running a special Win10 VM after the HYper-Vole role is added, despite appearances and MS's used terms), and then firing up one or more desired VMs automatically after a specified amount of time. You are not going to be able to run WIn10 thru an OPNsense firewall VM that begins afterward, however...

Feb 7, 2022
My goal is to have OPN running at all times with exception to shutdown or reboot, and be in my regular OS drive doing what ever. Not having to mess with OPN other than updating...Thats why I put it in a 1TB unit so it would have plenty of space and no interuptions.

Feb 7, 2022
Butn i cant even seem to be able to pull up web interface to get in...they said use 192.168.1.1 as the address to get in to it but thats my routern ip and 0.1 is my cable / internet company

Feb 7, 2022
Why? My wife and i own and run two businesses... lot of info in my network. and i have the neighbor behind me readily using my internet asnd erasing my security cams so i cant get anything on hiom, hes a linux guy so I am trying to prevent me from going to jail....LOL

USAFRet

Titan
Why? My wife and i own and run two businesses... lot of info in my network. and i have the neighbor behind me readily using my internet asnd erasing my security cams so i cant get anything on hiom, hes a linux guy so I am trying to prevent me from going to jail....LOL
Your neighbor "using your internet" speaks to a whole host of other security issues, that need to also be fixed.

But, budget for a completely different PC to be the firewall/border protection device.
Doesn't have to be hugely powerful.