How to boot from cd to bios on asus x501a

Status
Not open for further replies.

orgadm

Honorable
Nov 27, 2012
i want to install windows 7 version on my asus x501a that is currently working with windows 8/// from some reason i cant get to the boot area to install windows 7 //

thank u

Solution
go to Boot in BIOS and enable the option Laucnh CSM and sub option Launch PXE OpROM.

I was stuck with the same issue then after some research I could make it work and I was like :bounce:

and also under Security option in BIOS,Go to 'Secure Boot Control'(You need to scroll down) and disable it to boot frany media.
reboot and hit the delete key (during the boot process ) that should bring you to the bios
when in the bios you want to look for "boot options"
change the boot order to
1. cd/dvd
2. your hard drive
3. usb
hit f10 to save settings and exit (make sure you have disc in drive)

upon reboot it should ask if you to hit any key to boot, press the "any" key and you are good to go

Kousen

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013
i have the same problem and i was suprised to see that in the boot options in the bios, there is NO option to boot from a cd/ dvd.

The ONLY option available is: windows boot manager.

there is no other option to choose..

there is an option under to add a new boot option but then it asks for a path and all and im not that much of a pro to know what to write or if that would even work...

i got really upset after finding out windows 8 on the computer i bought, i really hate it and i can't seem to be able to erase windows 8 from my computer to put windows 7.

If anyone can help it would be much apreciated.

My computer is an asus X55V

zarianaureen

Honorable
Jan 25, 2013
go to Boot in BIOS and enable the option Laucnh CSM and sub option Launch PXE OpROM.

I was stuck with the same issue then after some research I could make it work and I was like :bounce:

and also under Security option in BIOS,Go to 'Secure Boot Control'(You need to scroll down) and disable it to boot frany media.

zarianaureen

Honorable
Jan 25, 2013

Solution

Pf7

Honorable
Jan 28, 2013
My computer is also an asus X55V.

Can you be more specific about disabling it from any media?

Because mine doesn't have the 'Secure Boot Control' under Security... but has I/O Interface Security, and there has:

LAN Network Interface
Wireless Network Interface
HD AUDIO Interface********* Is this?
SATA ODD Interface
USB Interface Security

CompulatinoUSA

Honorable
Feb 5, 2013

THANK YOU!

This solution worked for me for my brand new Asus n56dp-dh11!

Now I'm like you!!! :bounce:

SeldomBother

Honorable
Apr 21, 2013
Not sure if anyone is still looking at these queries but I found on my Asus you can select your boot device by pressing ESC and then you get the option of HDD or CD\DVD. Actually found it by accident trying to get into the BIOS to follow the above instructions.

Sly Beru

Honorable
May 16, 2013

I did you get a solution? mine seems not have security option, it came with Windows 7, so i think it is an old version of bios

Biff Martin

Honorable
Sep 9, 2013
I have an Asus X550C too with Windows 8. I booted into BIOS by pressing ALT-DEL repeatedly. Then I disabled SECURE BOOT, then enabled Launch PXE OpROM then rebooted back into BIOS then changed boot options to include DVD-RAM.
Delete all GPT partitions after booting into Window 7 installer.

litlle_flavius

Honorable
Jan 8, 2014

Thank„s it„s works

ttowkach

Honorable
Jan 25, 2014
I took about 12 hours but I got it. I log off of windows. Then at the desktop where it is prompting you to log in again, click button on the right side of the screen (the soft power button I guess) and then hold down the Shift Key while clicking Restart.

Then pick your order by holding down ESC F1 together, or ESC F2. My new / used asus 501a runs great on Fedora 20.

ttowkach on the twitter

AL Garzon

Reputable
Feb 27, 2014
I was stuck before but in BIOS and enable the option Laucnh CSM and sub option Launch PXE OpROM.make sure you have a usb dvd powered drive and your windows or linux dvd/cd I hate windows 8 so I am installing windows 7 ultimate.

The ASUS X502c laptop has no RAM SLOTS its built on board same with CPU. So I'm stuck with 4gb. Anyone trying to get more memory and HD space I suggest you get a Corsair Force Series SSD drive or you got more cash get a GS the red drive are the fastest drives on the market, Adding a SSD drive you can use it as RAM up to whatever you like or need just remember its space that will not be free to install items on after you use it as memory so its a worthwhile investment. If this laptop is 4gb and you need 32gb for photoshop or gaming then use it to that. TO the person that posted this previous basic solution. THANK YOU so much! I just added more info.

2GOMO

Reputable
Mar 6, 2014
It appears that computers that were built to use Windows 8 don't have the Bios that we are most familiar with.

On an Asus 500A-BHI5N01 it has Aptio Setup Utility by American Megatrends.

A Confusing issue is that what you see on each tab is not always the same. It seems to sometimes change after you make changes on another tab.

There are 4 or 5 tabs, so it might be good to take a screen shot of each before you start making changes.

Then after you make a change, check the other Tabs to see if anything has changed from the original.

luminosu

Reputable
Mar 17, 2014
copy from another person's reply of similar issue....
It turns out that Win 8.1 boots so fast that it doesn't see key presses like Esc to change the boot order or F2 to enter the BIOS menu. What you have to do is let Win 8.1 take you to the login /welcome screen where there is a power icon that, when clicked, offers a Restart option. If you click on Restart and immediately press F2, it takes you to the BIOS menu. I presume you could press Esc instead and go to the boot order screen. Neat solution.

Worked for me! i have an asus x750j laptop

asus x55m

Reputable
May 21, 2014

there is no such option as Launch PXE OpROM in my BIOS BOOT tab. Any help?

Peak Rock

Reputable
Jun 30, 2014
The following procedure worked on a new Asus X552CL with American Megatrends BIOS.

1) Restart the machine and hold down F2 to get into the Bios.

2) Go to the security tab and disable Secure Boot Control.

3) Save configuration and exit

4) Hold down F2 again to get into Bios - do this as soon as you've done step 3

5) Go to the boot tab and enable Launch CSM which will now be selectable

6) Launch PXE OpROM will appear below launch CSM, set it to enabled.

7) Save configuration and exit

8) Hold down ESC key as soon as you've done step 7 and you should get a menu where you can select boot device

wazup916

Reputable
Jul 2, 2014

Thanks esc is what helped me out, I couldn't select the option in the first solution..

bretmh

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012
OpROM option will solve it for you. It's just a little descrete, idk why they have to do stuff like this.

sig.jpg

mdr70

Reputable
Sep 9, 2014
I am about to try to install Windows 7 on an Asus x55c with Windows 8 and all the above will be very useful. I have also read you need to make sure you have the relevant Windows 7 drivers available (which I can get from the Asus website). No one here has mentioned requiring the drivers. Did anyone have any driver issues or did all just work? Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS