[SOLVED] How to boot from usb?

Jul 16, 2020
okay i just finished building my first pc, got to bios and I have my usb with the windows installer on it. (I put it on there from a mac computer using boot camp software) and my pc isn't recognizing the disk. When I boot up it either boots me to safe mode or it has a black screen saying checking media presence, no media present. Am I missing something? In my boot priority list it has 4 things called UEFI: PXE IP4 Realtek PCI 2.5 GBE family controller and network connection

Solution
"usb with the windows installer on it "

Is this just the Mediacreation tool exe, or did you go through the steps to actually create the proper install routine?

RealBeast

Titan
okay i just finished building my first pc, got to bios and I have my usb with the windows installer on it. (I put it on there from a mac computer using boot camp software) and my pc isn't recognizing the disk. When I boot up it either boots me to safe mode or it has a black screen saying checking media presence, no media present. Am I missing something? In my boot priority list it has 4 things called UEFI: PXE IP4 Realtek PCI 2.5 GBE family controller and network connection
I'd make the installer on a PC.

USAFRet

Titan

Is this just the Mediacreation tool exe, or did you go through the steps to actually create the proper install routine?

Solution
Jul 16, 2020

I'll try the method you posted, I just installed the iso file on the Mac and used boot camp utility to transfer the iso file on the USB so maybe that was wrong