Question How to boot windows from you SSD?

FelixAFF

Reputable
May 15, 2019
I just got a power outage and when i turn my PC back on my PC launched the windows from my HDD. How do i boot my SSD Windows back?

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Basically you access your BIOS (Usually DEL, F2 or F12). Then locate your boot priority settings and move the HDD to the top of the list.

Problem being is I wouldn't expect a power outage to change which device it booted from unless there was an actual problem with the original boot device itself.

FelixAFF

Reputable
May 15, 2019
Basically you access your BIOS (Usually DEL, F2 or F12). Then locate your boot priority settings and move the HDD to the top of the list.

Problem being is I wouldn't expect a power outage to change which device it booted from unless there was an actual problem with the original boot device itself.
My original boot is from the HDD but i bought a new SSD 3 days ago and the mechanists set the boot to SSD, idk how the power outage make the HDD as boot priority. Maybe my SSD boot has a problem because of the power outage idk :/

Ralston18

Titan
How old is the motherboard's CMOS battery?

Normally the battery lasts a long time but such things are being made more cheaply and do not last as long now.

As mentioned, a power outage should not have changed the boot order per ser. But if the battery is weak then the stored settings can be lost.

Incorrect system date and time is a good clue.

FYI:

https://www.lifewire.com/what-is-cmos-2625826

Just a thought....

Reactions: PC Tailor