News How to Build a KVM Over IP with Raspberry Pi

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonnet

Reputable
Dec 16, 2017
Do you have any additional tips on how disable the power on that cable? Or a clearer photo? Or perhaps a complete tutorial?

Nov 29, 2021
Well I have the error (seems that I am not the only one)- keyboard and mouse are yellow and cannot be enabled. I must admit that my power supply is only 5V 2,1A , however I cannot believe that low power is the reason? any idea?

Nov 29, 2021
Also I would like to ask why my vga to hdmi converter does not give any video signal, just hdmi does work....

Jan 7, 2022
Will this work to remote control a laptop? I'm going to be working remotely for the foreseeable future, and I want to leave one of these at the office so I can log into any laptop (Mac or PC) and remote control it, including rebooting, entering BIOS, and wiping and reloading the OS from the local network. Please advise.

Feb 7, 2022
Will this work to remote control a laptop? I'm going to be working remotely for the foreseeable future, and I want to leave one of these at the office so I can log into any laptop (Mac or PC) and remote control it, including rebooting, entering BIOS, and wiping and reloading the OS from the local network. Please advise.
It probably won't work. The KVM display will only work on a laptop after the laptop has booted up. The KVM gets it's video from the computer's HDMI output. The laptop's display doesn't appear on the HDMI output until after the laptop has booted.

Feb 7, 2022
Also I would like to ask why my vga to hdmi converter does not give any video signal, just hdmi does work....
The short answer is that the VGA to HDMI converter you're using isn't compatible with the HDMI to CSI converter. HDMI is a somewhat complicated protocol with different versions and not all devices play nice together. You could try a different VGA converter.

Aug 31, 2022
My keyboard and mouse aren't working. And if I think about it, how is it supposed to work?

In the instructions, the USB splitter has the white USB used for the PC while the blue one goes into the power plug. The white one is typically only used to for power and not data. Or am I missing something obvious?

USAFRet

Titan
My keyboard and mouse aren't working. And if I think about it, how is it supposed to work?

In the instructions, the USB splitter has the white USB used for the PC while the blue one goes into the power plug. The white one is typically only used to for power and not data. Or am I missing something obvious?
Please start a NEW thread for your particular situation.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.