How to build a PC

Daki

Reputable
Mar 20, 2014
I'm so f*cking lost lol I'm regretting so hard to order the pieces and not have asked someone to build it instead of myself.

Can maybe someone help me (through skype)? sigh

Solution
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLlrqzwxJig for the evo 212

in the open is generally a bad idea mainly due to lost parts needed for installation. either in the original box and packaging or installed in case in general

Pondering

Honorable
Dec 7, 2013
Ground yourself. Line up the holes on the motherboard with the holes on the case. Tighten the screws firmly but don't overturn. Install the PSU in proper up or down direction and connect ATX cable (the giant one) and CPU one (This is probably the trickiest part of the process) (the PSU has a 8 pin connector that can be detached to form 2 4 pin connectors - it took me forever to find this!!).

Install case fans in best direction and position for proper air flow. They can always be switched out after if the airflow is poor due to the direction of the airflow. Install the GPU and connect any PCI-E power adapter(s) to the video card if applicable (6 pin/8pin if the additional 2 pin is used as well - just calmly look over the PSU box/instructions).

I usually use a hard drive with the operating system already installed on it (by installing the OS on a desktop computer that is already up and running) since I barely use optical drives nowadays. Install the hard drive with a screw driver is NOT magnetic or it will kill the hard drive. Connect the SATA power cable (the wide one) from the PSU and connect the SATA data cable (the narrow one) to the hard drive and to SATA1 port on the motherboard. Try booting it up and ask other people questions here since I have no idea what else goes on after that. Good luck :)

Pondering

Honorable
Dec 7, 2013
I forgot about installing the CPU with the pins lined up, applying thermal compound on the CPU fan if the thermal compound is not already on it and plugging in the CPU fan, installing only 1 stick of RAM for initial boot and connecting the diagnostic tools such as the LEDs and system speaker. Just pretend I never said anything. Best of luck :)

Pondering

Honorable
Dec 7, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLlrqzwxJig for the evo 212

in the open is generally a bad idea mainly due to lost parts needed for installation. either in the original box and packaging or installed in case in general

Solution