How To: Building Your Own Render Farm

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heh :p I totally missed that it was old. I thought it was new yesterday.

Draven35

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2008
that's ok, at this point in time I would be hesitant to recommend building your own renderfarm... except in certain cases. For instance, lots of AE rendering....

Peter_104

Reputable
Jan 27, 2016
I would rather use the render farm service which is much more cost effective than purchasing hardware and maintain myself. There are a lot of great render farm service available which even served some blockbuster movie: Baahubali: The Beginning, this is the 2015 India’s top budget historical epic movie rendered by Fox Render farm.

Draven35

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2008
And as i already stated, many of these online render farms use cloud computing resources that didn't exist when the article was written.

Some clients, including some movie studios, expressly forbid you from using online renderfarms for data security concerns. or limit which resources you can use. For instance, if you're a government contractor in the US, forget online renderfarms exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.