Question how to change ram speed in asus x570 tuf bios.

Dec 7, 2019
Motherboard - asus x570 Motherboard
Memory - G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 2 x 16GB DDR4-3200 PC4-25600 CL16 Dual Channel Desktop Memory Kit F4-3200C16D-32G - Black

I'm trying to change the ram speed to the advertised 3200mhz in the bios. However whenever I change the setting in the bios - advanced - ai tweaker -
Under ai overclock turner - From auto to d.o.c.p, the following changes. d.o.c.p. changes to ddr - 3200 16-18-18-38 and memory frequency to 3200 mhz.
I save, and exit. But after I restart and go back into the dashboard section of the bios under DRAM status, it still says it's running at 2133 mhz as shown below.
https://imgur.com/iNIIPNW

BIOS is currently running 1005 x64

Note that when I run CPU - Z, under memory it shows my DRAM frequency running at 1596 (basically 3200)
View: https://imgur.com/5W03Zig

I have tried a few things but it auto defaults back to 2400 after i save changes. Any idea how to fix this?

Dec 4, 2019
Hi, i have the same motherboard and almost the same ram and i had the same problem. A guy here told me that the 2133mhz bios shows is the default speed ram has out of the box for compatibility reasons. I was also getting different readings for my ram speed in like the cpu-z and the task manager for example. Same guy told me that what cpu-z shows needs to be doubled. Now i assume you are running windows 10 so, i suggest you check again the bios update which you can do in the bios mode under tools, and then check in the task manager the ram speed. It should show 3200mhz. It worked for me !

Reactions: needcoffee
Dec 7, 2019
Hi, i have the same motherboard and almost the same ram and i had the same problem. A guy here told me that the 2133mhz bios shows is the default speed ram has out of the box for compatibility reasons. I was also getting different readings for my ram speed in like the cpu-z and the task manager for example. Same guy told me that what cpu-z shows needs to be doubled. Now i assume you are running windows 10 so, i suggest you check again the bios update which you can do in the bios mode under tools, and then check in the task manager the ram speed. It should show 3200mhz. It worked for me !
Thanks for reply! Prior to updating my bios, the task manager did not show the speed so I was confused as to which to believe, the BIOS or cpu-z. After I updated the BIOS, I just checked the task manager and to my surprise, it shows the speed information now and it does show 3200 mhz.

Thanks for your help!