Question How to check if a GPU is good physically and technically

Dec 14, 2021
I went to buy a new GPU (GTX 1650) but it wasn't looking new, so I ordered a new one. When it comes I want to make sure that it's ok asap, although I have warranty. Can you instruct me how to do so?
Physically - How should I examine it and know if everything's fine or not?
Technically - After I install it what kind of tests I need to run on my PC to make sure it's working fine?

Thank you

My specs if it matters:
MB Gigabyte GA-H97-D3H
CPU Intel Core i5-4670
16 GB RAM
PSU 650 Watt
Monitor 1080p 60Mhz
Win 10 64 bit

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2021
Not a question that you asked: However, just for the record, who is the seller?
I'm not from the US, it's from a store in my country.
Technically : Install it and run benchmarks and then compare it with other GPU online to check if your one is not under-performing compared to other GPUs of the same kind. Check if it is Overheating. check weather there are any errors/ BSOD (blue screen) when booting and/or using it.

Physically : Check if the case is damaged, and/or have been opened before. Check the condition. lookup the model number of it on google to check if it is exactly the right one. search for the model number on google and check if it was produced a long time ago (if it was made 2 or 3 years ago, they might have kept it in warehouses and the quality might have been reduced. Check if you can control fan speed by some software (if not it could be your mobo doesn't support it or it is not compatible with the motherboard.

Good luck!
Thank you very much, I'll check it out.

Dec 14, 2021
Technically : Install it and run benchmarks and then compare it with other GPU online to check if your one is not under-performing compared to other GPUs of the same kind. Check if it is Overheating. check weather there are any errors/ BSOD (blue screen) when booting and/or using it.

Physically : Check if the case is damaged, and/or have been opened before. Check the condition. lookup the model number of it on google to check if it is exactly the right one. search for the model number on google and check if it was produced a long time ago (if it was made 2 or 3 years ago, they might have kept it in warehouses and the quality might have been reduced. Check if you can control fan speed by some software (if not it could be your mobo doesn't support it or it is not compatible with the motherboard.

Good luck!

Can you instruct me please how to do the benchmark? Like the TLDR thing

TRENDING THREADS