[SOLVED] How to check if motherboard is faulty?

Sep 16, 2021
Hello, ive been having constant bsods for some time now. I replaced my graphics card, added two ventilators for better cooling, because i figured that my pc is extremely hot sometimes. Everything seems to be in order, but the bsod is still there. Tests for the ram went fine, no errors. The things that are left are power supply and motherboard.
Does anyone have an idea what can i do next? Or should i just replace that?
Thanks

Solution
ASUS PRIME A320M-K/CSM , AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6GHz, Nvidia GeForce 1050ti oc, KINGSTON HyperX Fury Black 8GB DDR4 3200MHz, IG-Max Goliath 700W. Before i changed graphics card it was AMD Radeon RX 580 if it matters
Forgot to mention that os was reinstalled multiple times, all drivers are good
if you don't mind to clean install the os again, update the bios to the latest and load optimized default, then after clean install the windows, install the latest amd chipset driver (dont connect to internet yet after clean install and immidiately install the chipset driver) and reboot. Then choose amd ryzen balanced power plan in power plan. you could install the latest nvidia driver now.

Make sure the psu connected to the gpu...
Hello, ive been having constant bsods for some time now. I replaced my graphics card, added two ventilators for better cooling, because i figured that my pc is extremely hot sometimes. Everything seems to be in order, but the bsod is still there. Tests for the ram went fine, no errors. The things that are left are power supply and motherboard.
Does anyone have an idea what can i do next? Or should i just replace that?
Thanks
what are the specs?

Sep 16, 2021
what are the specs?

ASUS PRIME A320M-K/CSM ,
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6GHz,
Nvidia GeForce 1050ti oc,
KINGSTON HyperX Fury Black 8GB DDR4 3200MHz,
IG-Max Goliath 700W.

Before i changed graphics card it was AMD Radeon RX 580 if it matters

sonofjesse

Distinguished
What does the BSOD/Event log's say? What is the temp of the room? temp of the CPU and computer?

That power supply don't give me the warm and fuzzies. Are you sure it's not causing the issue?

if it was me I would put a quality power supply or borrow one from a friend. That is my first guess.

Are you gaming when it BSOD's?

Sep 16, 2021
What does the BSOD/Event log's say? What is the temp of the room? temp of the CPU and computer?

That power supply don't give me the warm and fuzzies. Are you sure it's not causing the issue?

if it was me I would put a quality power supply or borrow one from a friend. That is my first guess.

Are you gaming when it BSOD's?

I cant keep my pc on long enough to check the event long again, but the two errors, most recent ones are IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL and IPC INDEX MISMATCH, but the fist one was repeating a couple of times.
The temp is fine now, i cant tell the exact number, but judging by my case, it was cold when the pc was working. I can try to change the power supply to see if it will resolve the issue.
And no, the bsod happens usually when im downloading something, once when i was watching a series, and when i just leave it idle. Never while gaming. I actually managed to play for a few hours last time, and then started to download another game and it bsod.

ASUS PRIME A320M-K/CSM , AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6GHz, Nvidia GeForce 1050ti oc, KINGSTON HyperX Fury Black 8GB DDR4 3200MHz, IG-Max Goliath 700W. Before i changed graphics card it was AMD Radeon RX 580 if it matters
if you don't mind to clean install the os again, update the bios to the latest and load optimized default, then after clean install the windows, install the latest amd chipset driver (dont connect to internet yet after clean install and immidiately install the chipset driver) and reboot. Then choose amd ryzen balanced power plan in power plan. you could install the latest nvidia driver now.

Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
unknown.png

Solution
Sep 16, 2021

Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
unknown.png

I tried the latest bios update and it turned out that the previous one was better, but I will try your solution. It will probably be Monday, I'll post if it worked.

Reactions: Koekieezz
Sep 16, 2021
I tried the latest bios update and it turned out that the previous one was better, but I will try your solution. It will probably be Monday, I'll post if it worked.

So, um, i ended up changing the motherboard after all, and my pc worked all day, and just now I threw the bsod kmode exception not handled. I was downloading a game when that happened.