[SOLVED] How to choose between monitor adaptors?

Jul 23, 2021
Hi,

I'm considering buying a new tower desktop (EliteDesk 800 G6), which has DisplayPort connectors and USB A&C.
I currently have 2 monitors - HP 22fw (1VGA + 1 HDMI) and HP 22xi (1VGA + 1 HDMI + 1DVI-D)
I currently use HDMI + DVI-D with my old HP 500-409.

So I'm gonna need to go with adaptors - the question is what what would be the best options to go for?
A quick search online reveals a plethora of possible adaptors - DisplayPort-VGA, DisplayPort-HDMI, DisplayPort-DVI-D, USBC-HDMI, USBC-DVI-D etc etc...
Are there any adaptor combinations that are better in terms of display quality?
In general, would there be a reduction in quality compared to native VGA/HDMI/DVI-D systems?

I work in IT so I'm pretty much 8 hours a day in front of the screens, but dont use so much for videos etc.

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!

Solution
Just to add, you probably know this already, but DisplayPort, hdmi, dvi and usb c are all digital connections of course dvi is aging a bit now. But I agree, dp to hdmi should be simple.

On prebuilt systems for work we typically buy Dell. Just have for years and they seem to hold up well when you get into their optiplex lines for example. Never a huge fan of hp as far as computers personally. They have some great products but in general I don’t care for how they design them. They usually are a pain to work on I think.
Just to add, you probably know this already, but DisplayPort, hdmi, dvi and usb c are all digital connections of course dvi is aging a bit now. But I agree, dp to hdmi should be simple.

On prebuilt systems for work we typically buy Dell. Just have for years and they seem to hold up well when you get into their optiplex lines for example. Never a huge fan of hp as far as computers personally. They have some great products but in general I don’t care for how they design them. They usually are a pain to work on I think.

Solution