Clem218

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2015
hello
I need to clean a inkjet printer ink from the inside of my printer its quite messy can anyone suggest any good ways of cleanning it up without damaging the printer or making a larger mess

Honestly, it doesn't really matter because if you buy a new one, the printer is essentially free because the ink that you get with it is more valuable than the printer itself.

Inkjet printers are garbage anyway because ink is expensive and it dries out even if you don't use it. I decided long ago to just get a colour laser printer (Okidata C3400N) and it lasted me from 2008-2021. I replaced it with a Samsung colour laser. I honestly can't think of a reason why I would ever buy an Inkjet again.

Clem218

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2015
Honestly, it doesn't really matter because if you buy a new one, the printer is essentially free because the ink that you get with it is more valuable than the printer itself.

Inkjet printers are garbage anyway because ink is expensive and it dries out even if you don't use it. I decided long ago to just get a colour laser printer (Okidata C3400N) and it lasted me from 2008-2021. I replaced it with a Samsung colour laser. I honestly can't think of a reason why I would ever buy an Inkjet again.
I'm not really in the position financially to buy a new printer and I would like to keep this one until I am able to get this one

Clem218

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2015
Could I use isopropyl alcohol to clean my printer after a major ink leak I was planning to use cotton buds with IPA to clean the worst and ipa in a squeeze bottle to clean the rest is this good idea

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
I'd haul it to PC repair shop and pay them for cleanup. Far less hassle this way.

I theory, you could use IPA to clean it, but the ink will not evaporate. IPA will. With IPA, you could smudge the ink to far worse locations, where you'd end up hardware (PCB) replacement, IF the ink isn't already there.

Latest posts