[SOLVED] How to clean the data in HHD by software?

lqw24

Prominent
Oct 9, 2019
I have a old PC with HDD.I want to sell the PC.Now ,I want to clean the data in HDD by software.It shouldn't be recovered by normal methods.That's ok for me.
Can you tell me how to clean the data ?Which software.

Solution
Thaks for your reply.I have a question that how will it happen if I clean the C: disk which the windows XP put in?The OS will crash or other?
Thaks for your reply.I have a question that how will it happen if I clean the C: disk which the windows XP put in?The OS will crash or other?
A boot n nuke will erase everything including the OS. And to be honest that's the way to go if you are going to sell it. Hopefully you still have the xp install disk that came with it, or at least a recovery partition with the installer on it.

Dban is the most popular. I have no idea why some consider heidi's erasure less secure. It does the exact same thing and offers a full range of erasure patterns that can be mixed and matched. And...
A boot n nuke will erase everything including the OS. And to be honest that's the way to go if you are going to sell it. Hopefully you still have the xp install disk that came with it, or at least a recovery partition with the installer on it.

Dban is the most popular. I have no idea why some consider heidi's erasure less secure. It does the exact same thing and offers a full range of erasure patterns that can be mixed and matched. And they both have the same weaknesses.

Last edited:
Solution

lqw24

Prominent
Oct 9, 2019

Dban is the most popular. I have no idea why some consider heidi's erasure less secure. It does the exact same thing and offers a full range of erasure patterns that can be mixed and matched. And they both have the same weaknesses.
Thanks so much.My problem is over now .