[SOLVED] How to clear up some space for factory reset?

eekpeek

Commendable
May 20, 2020
Hey, I'm trying to wipe a laptop I have but it needs at least 2GB of storage free to do so. The laptop itself has 24GB of storage with 18GB of that being reserved window files. I've tried removing everything I could but there is still just not enough space left. Help would be appreciated, thanks.

Solution
I'm trying to factory reset a laptop so I can sell it. I can't because windows needs 2GB of free storage. It's an HP stream
Which OS is on it?

If Win 10, just boot up from a USB and do a full fresh install.
Delete all existing partitions in the process.

Colif

Win 11 Master
So you only have 24gb total storage? its a 32gb ssd?

You might be best doing a clean install. Instead of a factory reset, windows is going to get in the way of itself.

if it is only 32gb, @USAFRet might be able to help as he has one with similar restrictions

USAFRet

Titan
Hey, I'm trying to wipe a laptop I have but it needs at least 2GB of storage free to do so. The laptop itself has 24GB of storage with 18GB of that being reserved window files. I've tried removing everything I could but there is still just not enough space left. Help would be appreciated, thanks.
"trying to wipe"

Why the wipe?
What is the end goal here?
What device is this?

USAFRet

Titan
I'm trying to factory reset a laptop so I can sell it. I can't because windows needs 2GB of free storage. It's an HP stream
Which OS is on it?

Solution

eekpeek

Commendable
May 20, 2020
Which OS is on it?

Guide me through this please.