How to clone and downscale display with Nvidia

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
So I've done a lot of digging and haven't come across anything helpful.
To put it simply it's like this.

I have a 1440p 144Hz monitor connected to my GTX 1070 using DP.
I have a second PC and an Elgato HD60.

I've plugged an HDMI cable into the 1070 and the other end of it into the Elgato that is plugged into the second PC.

I want to clone display so that I can capture it for streaming and whatnot at 1080p 60fps.

However, I don't want my main display to be forced to match this. I want to be able to have my main display be like normal and have the cloning be downscaled (because obviously the Elgato doesn't do anything higher than 1080p60)

How do I go about doing this?

I'd like to not have to play games on my nice monitor at 1080p or have to get the Elgato 4K60 Pro just to be able to have my main display at it's 1440p 144Hz and then capture that and downscale for streaming inside OBS.

Solution
You can't do it as an actual display setting, but you can achieve the same effect by running them as independent displays in extended mode, and then displaying a video feed of your primary monitor using OBS fullscreen preview on the secondary monitor.
You can't do it as an actual display setting, but you can achieve the same effect by running them as independent displays in extended mode, and then displaying a video feed of your primary monitor using OBS fullscreen preview on the secondary monitor.

Solution

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador

hmm..... perhaps this can work. I'll try this out and see if it works well enough.

--UPDATE--
It causes a little bit of a performance hit in my games but not by a serious enough amount that I can't work with it.
So far this is working out.