[SOLVED] how to clone unknown and unsupported SD card?

rzm_sikorsky

Honorable
Dec 24, 2014
Hi

i have one standard MicroSD card and its contents as well as its format are not supported in windows. it's for a special device. now i need to clone it on an other ordinary microSD card and i don't have cloner device. so could you help me on this and guide me how to clone it via windows? is there any app which ignore the format of card and just clone it?

thanks

DD for windows is a commandline tool from linux that will work 100% but is hard to use and you could get confused and destroy your harddrive instead.
You can also try win32diskimager but if you don't get a drive name from the sd it's not going to work.

Any decent cloning software (for hard drives) has a mode that blindly copies each byte over and that should work as well and should work on SD.

Even if you manage to clone it, if it is non standard due to copy protection it will still not work.

rzm_sikorsky

Honorable
Dec 24, 2014
DD for windows is a commandline tool from linux that will work 100% but is hard to use and you could get confused and destroy your harddrive instead.
You can also try win32diskimager but if you don't get a drive name from the sd it's not going to work.

Any decent cloning software (for hard drives) has a mode that blindly copies each byte over and that should work as well and should work on SD.

Even if you manage to clone it, if it is non standard due to copy protection it will still not work.
could you introduce one cloning software with blind copy capability? DD is an app?