How to configure a 3 unmanage switch and 1 wifi/router in one Isp?

rolansegudine

Prominent
Oct 26, 2017
My current set up is this,i have 1 fibr modem/router w/ one static ip which is 192.168.1.1 and this my isp and then i add a 24port unmanage 1st switch which is connected to my modem
and another 24port unmanage 2nd switch connected to my 1st switch.Then i add another 8port unmanage 3rd switch which is connected to my 1st switch and another 4port umanage wifi/router which is connected to my 3rd switch.All of my gateway is 192.168.1.1 from isp,to the 3 switch and to the wifi/router,the problem is sometimes a got zero packets or sometimes a limmited connection on my client espcially on my 2nd switch.What ip configuration should i do?

Solution

Not yet,i will do that,How about on the three switches,should i disable dhcp server in there?everyday i always got a zero packets and a limmited connections on my second switch,i have 16 users in there,im tired releasing and renewing an ip everyday.
[/quotemsg]

If they are unmanaged switches they wont have an inbuilt DHCP server.

How is the second wifi/router configured? How is it connected to the switch (via it's WAN or LAN port)?? Daisy chaining the switches shouldn't present any problems and shouldn't require any further changes to your IP scheme (switches are L2 devices and care not about IP addresses as long as they are dumb unmanaged switches).

rolansegudine

Prominent
Oct 26, 2017
How is the second wifi/router configured? How is it connected to the switch (via it's WAN or LAN port)?? Daisy chaining the switches shouldn't present any problems and shouldn't require any further changes to your IP scheme (switches are L2 devices and care not about IP addresses as long as they are dumb unmanaged switches).[/quotems

My second wifi/router is connected via CAT6 patch cable on both Lan port.

Have you disabled the dhcp server on the second router?

rolansegudine

Prominent
Oct 26, 2017
Have you disabled the dhcp server on the second router? [/quotemsg]

Not yet,i will do that,How about on the three switches,should i disable dhcp server in there?everyday i always got a zero packets and a limmited connections on my second switch,i have 16 users in there,im tired releasing and renewing an ip everyday.

[/quotemsg]

If they are unmanaged switches they wont have an inbuilt DHCP server.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS