[SOLVED] How to configure PC for a customer

PatrickS

Reputable
May 16, 2017
Hello!

Since I am asked a lot by people to build a PC for them i've decided to start up a online store where people can online configure a PC that I'll build of course. Because the configuration needs to be more professionally I am wondering how I can make sure I work as "clean" as possible. I am experienced in the assembly part of building a PC, so that won't be a problem. However, I do not have a good idea how to do the installation of drivers for example.
To do this I have to create a Windows User account of course. But when my customers receive the PC it does not look really professional if theres already a " Guest" account. Is there a way to delete this user after I did the Windows Configuration and installed the drivers and erase my "tracks" as Guest User? I would really like to know how other PC Build Companies do this.

Thanks in advance :)

Lutfij

Titan
As far as I can tell, you can put some investment into the idea and have a team to monitor what the prices of parts are and what sort of stock you have access to much like all the boutique builders but if you don't have the resources to do that, I'd suggest sticking to PCPartPicker and deal with each potential customer individually. With that, you're going to have to ask the customer what the system needs to be named, from then on you can ask them to configure the password and the wallpaper to their liking.

Pardon me if I've misunderstood you but that's what I got from your information.