Question How to connect 3-jack 5.1 speakers to Gigabyte Z790 Gaming X AX

Mar 23, 2023
I am building a new PC and brought the Gigabyte Z790 Gaming X AX MotherBoard. However I hadn't noticed that it only has only two inputs for jack on the back. I read in its manual that you connect the 3rd jack "on the front panel" but I cannot understand how that works or what exactly that means. Fortunately, I am not building the PC by myself, but I'd like to know this info before I start the setup just in case this MoBo doesn't suit my need eventually. Thanks.

I am building a new PC and brought the Gigabyte Z790 Gaming X AX MotherBoard. However I hadn't noticed that it only has only two inputs for jack on the back. I read in its manual that you connect the 3rd jack "on the front panel" but I cannot understand how that works or what exactly that means. Fortunately, I am not building the PC by myself, but I'd like to know this info before I start the setup just in case this MoBo doesn't suit my need eventually. Thanks.
This is discussed in the separate audio manual:

https://www.gigabyte.com/WebPage/697/realtek897-audio.html

Mar 23, 2023
My problem is that I don't know where to put the 3rd jack cable coming from the speakers. I can't see any way from the MoBo pictures and I don't want to open it in case I need to return it if it's does not meet my needs.

My problem is that I don't know where to put the 3rd jack cable coming from the speakers. I can't see any way from the MoBo pictures and I don't want to open it in case I need to return it if it's does not meet my needs.
Front panel mic input is located on pc case.
It is internally connected to motherboard via specific cable.

(left connector in the image)
5.jpg

Reactions: spiros91
Mar 23, 2023
Thank you. I have never built a PC from scratch (and I've never used the front panel from my previous one) and I didn't know that there are cables with the case to connect the MoBo with the front panel.

Thank you very much for the clarification.

That makes me a bit disappointed. I didn't want to have a jack mounted on the top of my case. Shame.

Mar 23, 2023
I use the Logitech Z506 speakers that do not have one unfortunately. I will try using the front panel one, and if see that I don't like it, I'll try to buy a dedicated sound card. Thank you.

Mar 23, 2023
So I built my PC and I connected the jack to the front panel. When I am testing the speakers, they all work, but when playing music, either from Windows Media Player or YouTube, the real speakers do not work properly (they did in my previous, very basic setup).

I have downloaded all the drivers expect the new BIOS (I am on F2, the latest one is F4) but I cannot make them work.

Mar 23, 2023
In my old, 2010 basic Asus MoBo, there was the option of "Room Fill". It worked perfectly for both .mp3 and YouTube videos. But for this MoBo, when enabled, the audio in the two rear speakers lags some milliseconds. and I don't know how to fix it.