how to connect a Cisco E1000 through a Pace 4111

scarecrow095

Reputable
Dec 7, 2014
I recently moved and my config changed. I use AT&T DSL; I used to have a speedstream modem connected to the E1000 and then hard wired to my pc. Worked fine. but now I have a Pace 4111 modem/router. I am trying to connect the E1000 to the pace router and then to my pc. when I do, my pc does not see the internet anymore. it does if i connect directly to the pace router. How do I set the E1000 so I can see the internet? (even though both the pace and cisco can go wireless, for now I am looking for hardwired Pace 4111 --> Cisco E1000 --> PC)

scarecrow095

Reputable
Dec 7, 2014

Thanks. Do you happen to have specifics I can follow? The more specific the better as I am pretty much starting at point zero when it comes to networking. I can manage many other tasks on pc's but never really worked that end of things.

Thanks.

scarecrow095

Reputable
Dec 7, 2014
What I ended up doing: I connected my pc to the E1000 and used 192.168.1.1 to access the E1000. I found the place to disable the DHCP server on the Basic Setup page. (I first also changed the IP address to 192.168.2.2 based on some other info I had received - that was a mistake! I had to reset the Cisco router and reset it up from scratch. I lost my "guest access" at that point, but decided I didn't care. And I left the 192.168.1.1 address alone. It turns out to be fine and not interfere with the Pace router settings.)

On the Advanced Routing under Setup, I disabled NAT and Dynamic Routing (RIP). Saved everything and plugged my PC into LAN Port 1 of the Cisco. I also plugged the ethernet cable coming from the Pace into LAN Port 4 and not the WAN port on the Cisco. It looks like everything is working as I wanted it. I have internet access via the Pace router and I have a wireless connection to a wireless printer in another room off the Cisco wireless side. So far, so good.

Just thought I'd post this solution here for others who may end up in a similar situation to be able to find. I would like to be able to rename the network so it is something other than "Network 2", but I'll let that one go for now.