Question How to connect a D8500 modem router to the NBN HFC Nerwork

Hi,

Fellow Australian here who's had quite some experience with dealing in NBN!

Every router is HFC compatible. You need to connect the ethernet from your router to the HFC Network Termination Device / Connection box.

Ensure all the lights on the Connection Box are green and it is connected to the HFC line correctly. If not please call the your Internet Service Provider who can troubleshoot the connection.

Feb 16, 2019
Hi,

Fellow Australian here who's had quite some experience with dealing in NBN!

Every router is HFC compatible. You need to connect the ethernet from your router to the HFC Network Termination Device / Connection box.

Ensure all the lights on the Connection Box are green and it is connected to the HFC line correctly. If not please call the your Internet Service Provider who can troubleshoot the connection.
Hi Hamperking68, I am connected with iiNet, my wall connection plugs into my NBN box (ARRIS CM8200) and from their into their supplied modem TG-789 and everything works. I want to use a better modem router that is why I bought the Netgear D8500. I have contacted iiNet and Netgear Suport and no one can help me get my D8500 connected to the internet, I'm getting very frustrated 🙁. Shadow758.

Hi Hamperking68, I am connected with iiNet, my wall connection plugs into my NBN box (ARRIS CM8200) and from their into their supplied modem TG-789 and everything works. I want to use a better modem router that is why I bought the Netgear D8500. I have contacted iiNet and Netgear Suport and no one can help me get my D8500 connected to the internet, I'm getting very frustrated 🙁. Shadow758.

How are you trying to connect it? Are you able to take a picture of the cable arrangement?

Feb 16, 2019
Unable to send pics as at work, don't fly home till Thursday (FIFO worker). It is connected the same as the iiNet modem, yellow Ethernet cable from the ARRIS CM8200 plugged into the Netgear D8500 yellow Ethernet connect, and then from one of the Ethernet ports to my computer. When I use the auto setup Netgear Genie it can't find the internet, so I have gone into the advanced setting to set up manually but still no luck.