[SOLVED] How to connect dual monitors to both a PC and a Laptop

hardunderware

Prominent
Feb 25, 2021
Hey guys,

Ive currently got myself set up for full time wfh life. Ive got a work laptop which is set up solely for work purposes of which I use 9-6 then my PC which I use before after and at lunch time to Game and design. Currently I am faffing around with cables every evening to disconnect my laptop (m1 macbook air) reconnect my PC to the monitors. I was wondering if anyone had any solutions as to how I could easily switch between the two?

Solution
Currently I am faffing around with cables every evening to disconnect my laptop (m1 macbook air) reconnect my PC to the monitors. I was wondering if anyone had any solutions as to how I could easily switch between the two?
What make/model monitors? What video inputs do they have?
What make/model laptop? What video output does it have?
What make/model graphics card in PC? What video outputs does it have?

Generally monitors have multiple inputs. Connect one input to pc, the other input to laptop. Switch between inputs with buttons on monitor.
PC graphics cards usually have multiple video outputs. Should be possible to connect multiple monitors.
With laptops it's more complicated. Laptops usually have only single video output...

hardunderware

Prominent
Feb 25, 2021
KVM switch

Do you know if there are any KVM switches that allow the source (pc, laptop, gaming console, etc) to hook up to the share switch via hdmi/display port (outputs allowed via video card) and then run through a centralized docking station that can adequately display to multiple monitors while also supporting connectivity to all our peripherals (keyboard, mouse, webcam, etc).

Been looking around and cant seem to find any.

Currently I am faffing around with cables every evening to disconnect my laptop (m1 macbook air) reconnect my PC to the monitors. I was wondering if anyone had any solutions as to how I could easily switch between the two?
What make/model monitors? What video inputs do they have?
What make/model laptop? What video output does it have?
What make/model graphics card in PC? What video outputs does it have?

Generally monitors have multiple inputs. Connect one input to pc, the other input to laptop. Switch between inputs with buttons on monitor.
PC graphics cards usually have multiple video outputs. Should be possible to connect multiple monitors.
With laptops it's more complicated. Laptops usually have only single video output. Only display port output can support multiple monitors by using MTS hub. HDMI output will support single monitor only.

Solution
D

Deleted member 14196

yeah, simple KVM for keyboard and mouse, and use what was stated above to switch inputs on monitor