[SOLVED] How to connect GPU to PC ?

Dec 30, 2020
Hi im new at building a PC. I'm planning to build one because I have enough money, but im worried about one thing. In order to connect gpu i just need to connect on the mobo slot and the 6-pin right? or do i have to do more than that???

Solution
Typically with a DIY PC that's all it takes. Place in the x16 slot closest to the CPU and use however many PCIe power connectors the GPU needs. Typically 1x6 through 2x8. Although there's some outliers. Then install the driver after installing the OS.

Upgrading OEM computers is another story. They may need BIOS tweaks. Some just don't seem able to run a GPU. No matter what you do.
Typically with a DIY PC that's all it takes. Place in the x16 slot closest to the CPU and use however many PCIe power connectors the GPU needs. Typically 1x6 through 2x8. Although there's some outliers. Then install the driver after installing the OS.

Upgrading OEM computers is another story. They may need BIOS tweaks. Some just don't seem able to run a GPU. No matter what you do.

Solution