[SOLVED] How to connect old computer to monitor?

Sep 6, 2019
I have an old computer that my bosses son built me which is about 10 years old and still boots up. It has a lot of old photos on it i would like to get off it. Now my wife sold her old computer and just chucked in all the leads she could find in with it, so i dont have any that i would have used on it. Now i cant remember how i connected the computer to the monitor. The computer has a 9 pin connector that i think went into the 15 pin on the old monitor i used with it, does this sound correct?
Thanks for any help

Solution
Thats the adapter im using, wondering now if the computer just isnt working.
Make sure the connection is snug and if so if there's another connection on the monitor maybe try that.

If it doesn't appear to be working I would remove the hard drive (storage) and connect it to a newer system to transfer/copy the files over that you want. If your unsure how to do so there are some tutorials online, have a friend/family member help or find a IT shop that can do it for you (especially if there's important files/photos on there).

WildCard999

Titan
Due to the age of the system it's probably connected with the top left or bottom left connection.

Ff5p0w9.png

Sep 6, 2019
Hi Wildcard,

It has the bottom left one thats all. The bosees son thought he was Bill Gates, but in reality he was bloody useless so god only knows what he built me?
Quick thought, i have turned it on and the fans spin round and there is a green light on what i guess is the motherboard (P5N-D) so i am presuming that would mean it works ok?

Sep 6, 2019
The monitor has the VGA port, can that go to the bottom left digital interface port with a vga lead and a digital interface connector on it?

WildCard999

Titan
Thats the adapter im using, wondering now if the computer just isnt working.
Make sure the connection is snug and if so if there's another connection on the monitor maybe try that.

If it doesn't appear to be working I would remove the hard drive (storage) and connect it to a newer system to transfer/copy the files over that you want. If your unsure how to do so there are some tutorials online, have a friend/family member help or find a IT shop that can do it for you (especially if there's important files/photos on there).

Solution